Georgia a strategically important country located at the crossroads between Eastern Europe and Western Asia is a sought after country where many people contemplating relocation nowadays. That’s why it is a pleasure analysing Georgian citizenship by buying property or by marriage.
Georgian citizenship by buying property or by marriage
It is common nowadays to hear people making enquiries on how to become a Georgian citizen because many are discovering the beauty of living or residing in a country uniquely considered to be better in many aspects of residing in a serene atmosphere and living with friendly people. Georgia is surely a lively and affordable place for anyone considering a European country good for relocation.
GEORGIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING PROPERTY OR MARRIAGE
WAYS TO BECOME A GEORGIAN CITIZEN
1. Georgia citizenship is possible by buying property
It is quite possible to acquire Georgian citizenship by buying property, all you have to do is have the ability to make a contribution of USD300,000. This amount qualifies you and your spouse and dependents who relied on you for a living. Be sure the dependents are not above 26 years of age You will apply to the immigration authorities in Georgia with all your details for onward transfer to the Georgian treasury.
These are steps you can undertake to acquire Georgian citizenship:
Make personal donation
Buying Real Estate
investment in a Georgian Business Establishment. You should be able to invest USD300,000 in non-agricultural real estate or a newly established Georgian business establishment.
a) Prove that you can provide a minimum amount of USD120,000 with documentary evidence may be a sale volume for five years, this will qualify you to obtain a temporary residence permit.
b) Alternatively if you can provide documentary information or evidence that you have the ability to invest USD300,000 into the Georgian economy, this will qualify you to obtain a permanent residence permit.
When a Successful candidate receives approval for investing in the Georgian economy an Investment Residence Permit will be issued for 5 years
2. Buying Real Estate.
Another option that makes the Georgian authorities grant a foreign investor citizenship is for the applicant to have the capability to invest in Real Estate in Georgia. The interested applicant must be able to invest a minimum of USD300,000 in government-approved real estate. This should be non-agricultural real estate. e.g. Apartment building, Land or housing in a commercial area.
Please note that Appraisal details must be tendered showing that the market price of the property is not below the stipulated amount of USD300,000.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR GEORGIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING PROPERTY
1. Evidence of legal residency in Georgia
2. Details certifying your company investment.
3. The data page of your international passport.
4. All the receipts of payment transactions.
5. Evidence of ownership of the real estate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GEORGIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING PROPERTY
1. The applicant must be an adult of over 18 years of age
2. Prove evidence of investment of USD300,000 in a real estate or a recently established Georgian business
3. Evidence of no criminal record from your country of residence
ADVANTAGES OF GEORGIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING PROPERTY OR MARRIAGE
1. Georgian citizenship by buying property or by marriage is none-discriminatory, hence all nationalities are free to participate.
2. A Successful applicant enjoys the freedom of travelling to 112 countries and 23 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
3. No additional charges are required from the dependents you included, the USD300,000 you invested covers you all. All enjoy the same benefits.
4. The process is very fast. You only need about a month or two to complete the process.
5. Fast way to citizenship. As soon as the investment is made and approval is obtained you’re sure of a permanent residence permit which is the easy way to citizenship. It is possible to get it in 120 days.
6. Moderate cost of living.
7. You’re open to further profitable business and investment opportunities.
8. No language proficiency and your physical residency is not required.
DISADVANTAGE OF GEORGIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BUYING PROPERTY OR MARRIAGE
The biggest drawback in Georgian citizenship is that it didn’t allow dual citizenship, therefore if you acquired it be ready to do away with your current citizenship. Hence you must renounce your nationality in order to acquire Georgian citizenship. That’s may be an unpopular policy.
ACQUIRING A GEORGIAN PASSPORT
After you might have acquired the citizenship and you intend to get the Georgian passports it is expected that you should be proficient in Georgian and be a person of good character, hence free from any violations punishable by law throughout your residency in Georgia.
2. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BECOME A GEORGIAN CITIZEN BY MARRIAGE:
Georgia is one of those friendly countries that make it possible for foreigners who are in a genuine love relationship with its citizen to obtain citizenship by marriage. All it requires of the person in love who intend to marry a Georgian citizen is to ensure that he did a proper marriage ceremony and it imperative to have a marriage anniversary credential.
Five years of continuous relationship qualifies the foreign lover to acquire Georgia citizenship by marriage. In a nutshell, any foreigner that married a Georgian citizen after staying together in love for 5 years the foreign automatically entitled to Georgia citizenship.
The ice on the cake is the if the relationship produces a child or children for the Georgian spouse the application for citizenship will be given strong consideration.
That’s all for now on Georgian citizenship by buying property or by marriage.