These are the steps to take on how to apply for Ireland Visa in Nigeria, whether on a short or long term visas. Going to Ireland an English-speaking European country and a preferred destination for many African immigrants over a longtime requires obtaining a visa as a pre-entry clearance at the border.
Its important to note that The Republic of Ireland remains an active member of the European Union, therefore the visa you obtain here is a Schengen Visa.
PREAMBLE NO HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND VISA IN NIGERIA
Please note the following points:
1. VSF GLOBAL: Ireland embassy in Nigeria doesn’t involve directly in the issuance of the visa. Your visa application should be channelled through Facilitation Services Global (VFS) Office in your area.
2. VISA APPOINTMENT: You don’t need an appointment in applying for Ireland visa in Nigeria, you can walk in and submit your completed visa application.
3. GRANTED A VISA: If you were granted a visa, endeavour to take along copies of the documents submitted with your application because immigration officers at the entry point may want to verify it.
4. INFORMATION NOTE: Before you start completing the online visa application form, endeavour to read the information note to guide you through the filling of the form.
5. IRELAND: Be sure Ireland is your main destination.
6. ENGLISH: All the documents you’re submitting must come in English.
THE TYPES OF VISA YOU CAN OBTAIN
There are two types of visa that are available for processing:
1. SHORT TERM VISAS
Visiting visa – tourist visa that allows the holder to stay for a maximum of 90 days.
(b) Visiting visa – This is for spouse/partner of a European Union national.
(c) Visiting visa – This category is for the child of European Union national/children of a spouse of European Union national
(d) Business visa
(e) Conference visa
(f) Exam/interview visa
(g) Cultural events /performance visa.
2. LONG TERM VISAS
(a) Student visa
(b) Employment visa
(c) Join a spouse visa
(d) Starting a business in Ireland visa.
HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND VISA IN NIGERIA
1. The foremost thing to do is to download the visa application form online.
2. Carefully fill in your details online (questionnaire) print out the hard copy, sign and date the form.
3. Take note of your 8 digit visa reference number.
4. Attach the following documents:
IRELAND VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages, to allows for the visa sticker on your passport.
2. Two recently acquired photograph sized photographs with white background.
3. Photocopy of full pages of your passport, that is pages 1-32 must be produced.
4. Travel medical insurance with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 covering the whole of Schengen area.
5. Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Ireland. Or proof that you can take care of yourself or you have relatives that can provide for you during your stay in Ireland.
6. Your bank account statement for the last 6 months duly endorsed by the Bank. (Please note that statement from microfinance bank, cooperative societies and mortgage instructions are not acceptable)
7. Police clearance certificate.
8. Evidence of hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in Ireland or private accommodation from your person in Ireland.
9. Photocopies of all previous visas in your passport.
10. Proof of flight booking, indicating the airline, departure and arrival dates. (Please note that you are not expected to buy tickets in advance until you obtain the visa)
11. Written statement for the purpose of visit.
12. An under-age person travelling alone or accompanied by a guardian must present:
– Original birth certificate
– Letter of consent from both parents
– Attach the photocopy of the parent’s identity card or data page of their passports.
– The visa application form must be signed by the guardian.
13. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BUSINESS TRAVELLER’S VISA APPLICATION.
– Original letter of invitation from your business partner or the organisation inviting you, stating the purpose of your visit and the duration and they are to undertake your financial responsibility.
– Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation.
– Your tax clearance certificate.
– Proof of commercial activities and recent business dealings such as frequent contacts and recent correspondence.
14. Additional requirements for applicant participating in Conferences, Seminars, Cultural events and congresses: Original letter of invitation from an organisation in Ireland permitting you to attend event connected with your profession, evidence of registration and ticket for the event.
15. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISA.
– Original letter of admission or acceptance of an offer.
– Your original birth certificate.
– Evidence of payment of school fees (part payment or full)
– Original and photocopies of all documents used in processing the school admission.
– if you’re under sponsorship, letter of sponsor from the person.
– Evidence of financial capabilities from the sponsor to cover the duration of your studies.
– Bank account statement for the last six months from your sponsor duly stamped and signed by the Bank.
– Any other documents as may be required by the embassy.
16. Additional requirements for applicant travelling on tourism:
– Proof of continuous employment in your country.
– Production of a comprehensive travel plan.
– Your letter of leave duly endorsed by your employer.
17. Additional requirements for applicant visiting relative or friends in Ireland:
Letter of invitation from the person inviting you.
Photocopy of the person’s International passport data page, identity card or residence permit.
Evidence of family tie between you and the person, such as a birth certificate of the same name, marriage certificate or photographs.
18. Teachers and lecturers should produce the original letter of introduction from their institution.
19. All original documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photo copies.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND VISA IN NIGERIA
After the compilation and collation of all the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at the Ireland Visa Application Centre.
Please note the following points before submission:
1. Pay a non-refundable visa processing fee, (the equivalent of €60 in local currency) and the biometrics charges (amount unknown) The fees should be paid at the designated Bank located at Visa Application Centre.
2. Do the biometric fingerprint at the VAC.
3. Go with the exact amount because most of them don’t give change at the VAC.
4. Be sure all the required documents you’re submitting are completed and genuine.
5. All the documents you’re submitting should come with a set of photo copies.
6. Note that the visa interview is mandatory for some applicants.
7. Be sure your visa application form is date and sign by you.
8. It is advisable you do the submission of your application well ahead of your travel to allow time for visa processing.
9. For short-term visa, it’s advisable to place in your application at least weeks in advance of your scheduled travel.
10. For long-term visa such as Student visas, commence the processing at least 12 weeks before your proposed date of travel.
13. Ensure you submit a prepaid envelope along with your application (This can be obtained at VFS Offices)
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND VISA IN NIGERIA
ADDRESSES OF IRELAND VISA APPLICATION CENTRES
Ireland Visa Application Centre,
No 38, Lobito Crescent,
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Ireland Visa Application Centre,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite The Treasure Garden Estate,
Lekki Phase 1,
Opening hours Monday to Thursday.
THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Please remember that the coronavirus pandemic second wave is seriously affecting most European countries, therefore it is advisable you take time to make necessary enquiries about the pandemic before you set out, or start preparations for Ireland. Do all the necessary tests and equip yourself with the coronavirus pandemic clearance certificate to avoid refused entry.
That’s all for now on How to apply for Ireland visa in Nigeria for more information you can contact this website.