This is how to apply for Ethiopia visa in Nigeria.
Ethiopia a country in East Africa, landlocked, situated in the Horn of Africa. Although a key member and headquarters of the African Union, if you’re travelling for business, tourism or visiting purpose get ready to obtain a visa to enter because the visa is required for some foreign visitors to Ethiopia, and Nigeria is one of them. Unless you’re a diplomat.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ETHIOPIA VISA IN NIGERIA
Generally, there are two ways to process Visa to Ethiopia:
- Through the Ethiopia Embassy
- By processing the visa online
THROUGH THE ETHIOPIA EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
Currently, this option is the only one that is available to Nigeria.
The processing is as follows:
- Obtain a visa application form at the Ethiopia embassy.
- Carefully fill in your particulars, sign and date the form.
- Attach the following documents:
ETHIOPIA EMBASSY VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages
- A recently acquired passport sized coloured photograph with a plain/light background
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Evidence of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Ethiopia.
- Evidence of hotel reservation.
- Evidence of flight booking indicating the departure and arrival dates.
- If you’re going on visiting – Letter of invitation from the person inviting you.
- The person’s national identity card/residence card or international passport.
- If you’re going on business – Letter of invitation from the company or organization you’re visiting in Ethiopia.
- Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation
- Letter of introduction from your employer.
- Tax clearance certificate.
- International certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
- A letter of authorization from the Ethiopian immigration department.
- Police clearance certificate.
- All the documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photo copies.
how to apply for Ethiopia visa in Nigeria
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR ETHIOPIA VISA IN NIGERIA – TYPES OF VISA YOU CAN GET AT THE ETHIOPIA EMBASSY
- Tourist visa – Single and multiple entries
- Business visa – Single and Multiple entries.
- Student visa.
- Employment visa.
After the compilation of all the required documents, the visa applicant should submit them to the Ethiopia Embassy.
At the point of submission, the applicant should do the following:
- Pay the visa application processing fee
- Submit himself for biometric fingerprint formality.
- Submit a self-addressed envelope.
ADDRESS OF ETHIOPIA EMBASSY IN ABUJA
- Plot 332, Cadastral Zone AO,
- Telephone number +234 9 461 8642
- Email address: email@example.com
THE EVISA SYSTEM
Ethiopia latest visa system the Evisa was introduced on 12 June 2017
HOW TO OBTAIN ETHIOPIA EVISA
- The first step is to download the visa application form online by visiting: www.evisa.gov.et/#/home
- Carefully complete the form online
- Upload your photograph and the required documents.
- Pay the visa fee online.
- Submit and wait for the approval.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an email authorizing you to travel to Ethiopia.
- On arrival at the Bole airport, you will present the approval along with your international passport for stamping.
Please note that the Ethiopia Evisa is recognized only at Bole Airport do not attempt to use it at other entry points.
Secondly, it is meant for some specific countries, right now Nigeria and most AfrArab countries are excluded.
For more information on how to apply for Ethiopia visa in Nigeria, you can contact their embassy or Ethiopia Airline Offices in Nigeria.
The Bottom line – Coronavirus pandemic.
Ethiopia is badly effected by the coronavirus pandemic, however the country is rapidly recovering and life is gradually coming back to normal. It is advisable you do not travel without adequate knowledge of the current happenings in Ethiopia concerning the coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world. Equally it is important that you do all the necessary tests and equip yourself with the coronavirus clearance certificate before departure to avoid embarrassment at the Bole International airport.
That’s all about how to apply for Ethiopia visa in Nigeria