Besides the United Kingdom and the United States, the next most popular destination for young people from Africa is Canada. A country everyone regarded as a land of opportunities where you’re sure of getting a job and your safety is guaranteed. Here are some tips on Travel to Canada from Ghana step by step guide.
GETTING A CANADIAN VISA
Getting a Canadian visa may not be as difficult as many people believed if the right step is followed right from the start.
MAKE ADEQUATE PREPARATIONS
In taking a decision to travel to an advanced country such as Canada it’s important to make adequate preparation whether you’re going on visiting, studies, working, or permanent relocation. An important part of the preparation is to have reasonable savings or funds to prosecute the trip.
DO NOT BE IN A HURRY
Travelling to Canada is a big deal involves having enough money, and sound knowledge on how not to fail in your attempt to acquire the visa, therefore avoid rash decisions or hurry preparations which may be costly later. Before placing in your application make sure you have sound knowledge of the current happening in Canada. If you’re travelling for work or studies be sure you have the expertise or study for a course that is relevant to Canadian employment needs.
Avoid agents as much as possible. Processing an entry visa to Canada is mainly a personal process that doesn’t concern any third party. Most agents specialise in making bogus documents, they are only interested in collecting your money. They have nothing to lose. When the chips are down they will leave you in the cold. Please note that you’re the one to submit your completed application and do the biometric fingerprint scans. No agent can do it for you. Most of them will promise much and delivered nothing. They capitalised mainly on applicants ignorance and laziness, period.
Take the pain to study the process and do it personally.
TRAVEL TO CANADA FROM GHANA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
TAKE NOTE OF THESE IMPORTANT POINTS AND YOU WILL GET YOUR VISA.
The aim of the majority of Ghanaian visa seekers and applying for a Canadian visa is to travel and work in Canada but you have to scale some hurdles before getting the visa.
Please note these points important points which we are certain if you follow them meticulously you will get your visa.
1. Know what the application reviewers are looking for: Remember, a Canadian visa application does not require a physical interview, therefore your success depends solely on what and how you prepare and organise your entire application.
2. Demonstrate your tie to Ghana. The foremost cogent or hidden point the application reviewer is looking for is how you can demonstrate your tie to Ghana. You have to present a shred of convincing evidence that you will return to Ghana after the utilization of the visa given to you. You must show them you have a permanent appointment or job, or you are a business person with strong physical evidence to back your claim.
3. Secondly, you have to prove that you have strong attachments to your country: Show them you have family, or your family background, such as having aged parents or you’re married, your marriage certificate and dates.
Having children, your landed properties (if any), your bank statement of account.
If you owned a company, who are the shareholders, and the company’s capital base.
3. When you compiled the required documents, be simple, and be truthful. It’s better not to present a document than to present unverifiable documents you cannot defend.
4. Never allow anyone to prepare documents that are not really yours just to impress, it can backfires.
5. Be tidy in the presentation of your documents.
6. Avoid the presentation of an expired document.
7. Ensure all the original documents you’re submitting come with a set of photocopies.
LEARN FROM THIS STATEMENT.
This is what a Canadian Embassy stated recently as a reason for denying an applicant visa:
“I am not satisfied that you will leave our country at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) based on your family ties in our country and in your country of residence”
TRAVEL TO CANADA FROM GHANA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN VISA FROM GHANA.
Ghana is not one of the countries that have a visa abolition agreement with Canada, therefore, you must apply and obtain a visa before heading for the North American country.
This is how to go about the Temporary Resident Visa, study, or work permit application.
1. Download the visa application form.
2. Carefully complete the form and append your signature at the end remember to sign the Canada Visa Application Centre waiver form and attach it with the application form
Attach the necessary requirements such as:
– Your International passport with at least 6 months validity.
– Photocopy of the data page of your passport and the last page.
– Photocopies of the previous visas (if any)
– A written statement on your reasons for travelling to Canada.
– Evidence of basic travelling allowance is sufficient to cover the entire period of your stay in Canada.
– Completed family information (download from your application).
– Completed and signed a CVAC waiver form.
SUBMISSION AND DO THE BIOMETRIC
After the compilation of all the required documents please note the following points before submission:
– Double-check if the form is correctly filled.
– Check if you attached the CVAC waiver form and signed it.
– Pay the visa fee and the biometric fee.
– Ensure you obtain the official receipt
– Do the biometric fingerprint scans and the digital photograph.
– Ensure you did not allow a third party to submit your completed application form nor send it by email, because of the compulsory biometric fingerprint scans.
– Ensure to keep the receipt given because the number is an instrument to track the progress of your application online.
The visa fee payable at the visa application centre is:
1. Visa fee 100 Canadian Dollars which equal 367.19 Cedis
2. Visa fee for a family of five and above is 500 Canadian Dollars. Equals 1,835.93 Cedis
Please note that these fees excluding the biometric charges.
WHERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
You’re to submit or make enquiries at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Accra.
House 10, Plot 48,
Osu Badu Road,
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone numbers: +233 0 50 129 5270,
+233 0 50 129 5273
Business hours: Monday to Friday O9.00 – 05.00 pm. daily.
Application Submission time: 09.00 – 04.00 pm.
Passport collection time: 02.00pm – 04.00pm
STILL ON TRAVEL TO CANADA FROM GHANA STEP BY STEP GUIDE – HOW TO GET TO CANADA
If you scale the hurdle of obtaining a visa the next step is to search for a reliable Airline to take you to Canada. There are various Airlines operating flights from Ghana to Canada.
Please note that there may not be a direct flight from Ghana to Canada, however us advisable you travel with an airline that makes fewer stopovers. Remember if you choose an Airline that has multiple stopovers you may require a transit visa. The disadvantage of many stopovers is not only the cos but some countries may frustrate your trip unnecessarily by their attitude.
Best time to travel to Canada
For anyone travelling for the first time, unless you’re travelling for medical reasons whereby you may not have the choice of time to travel otherwise you should avoid travelling to Canada during the wintertime. Even if you’re going for studies it’s better to schedule your entrance for summertime which will enable you to acclimatize gradually. Weather is the biggest problem in choosing Canada as a country to visit or live in.
That’s all for now on Travel to Canada from Ghana step by step guide.