Are you thinking of the safest African country to travel to or to relocate to?, excogitate no further in that Rwanda a country popularly known as “the land of a thousand hills” a landlocked country located in east-central Africa, offers you a perfect choice of a safe country compared with any other country in the world. Here we analyse to you travel to Rwanda from Nigeria step by step guide.
Travel to Rwanda from Nigeria step by step guide
Rwanda, a country that emerged from a turbulent history astonishingly became a reference point for good reasons. It’s a place worth consideration when you are ruminating on African countries safe to travel.
As recently as 2018 Rwanda was ranked the second safest country in Africa and according to recent multiple analysts Rwanda is the only African country on the top ten list of safest countries in the world currently.
As soon as your plane touched down security is visible for you to see and you’ll surely realise that your safety is guaranteed.
TRAVEL TO RWANDA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO GET TO RWANDA FROM NIGERIA
There are two possible ways you can travel to Rwanda from Nigeria:
1. BY ROAD
If you’re the adventurer guy and you have the time and the will to explore the Southern African region, Rwanda is reachable by road from Nigeria. The best way to embark on a road journey to Rwanda is to have a strong performance car. It will surely take you there in less than 4 days.
All you have to do is to head eastward and enter through the Nigeria neighbour, Cameroon. You need to navigate only two countries to reach Rwanda, namely The Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo. You should find a way to avoid the Central African Republic because of the current political imbroglio in that country.
The cost may be staggering but the excitement and opportunities along the way may outweigh the quick travel air travel connotes.
2. BY AIR
The fastest and the best way to reach Rwanda is to go by air. There are various Airlines that operate the Nigeria-Rwanda routes. Expectedly, Rwandair Express offers the best opportunities of travelling five times a week from Lagos to Kigali.
Other Airlines include Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and EgyptAir. The flight journey is about 4 hours 30 minutes and the cost hovering around USD387 one way ticket.
IS RWANDA A VISA-FREE COUNTRY FOR NIGERIANS?
Exactly, a Rwandan entry visa is not required for Nigerians. A Nigerian citizen is allowed 30 days evisa on arrival. To name the trip trouble-free it is advisable to apply for the evisa online prior to your departure to Rwanda.
The good news is that the Rwanda evisa can be obtained on arrival at any land borders or airports in Rwanda.
Notwithstanding the evisa on arrival policy any potential Foreign travel to Rwanda is expected to possess the standard travel requirements as follows:
1. Your international passport with at least six months validity with unused visa pages
2. Photocopy of the data page of your passport
3. Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Rwanda
4. Your return ticket
5. Evidence of accommodation reservation or proof of accommodation from your host if you’re staying with a friend or family.
6. Evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations and your Yellow card must have all necessary vaccinations stamps.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE REACHING THE IMMIGRATION CLEARANCE AREA
As soon as your aeroplane touches down at the Rwanda airport before reaching the Immigration control area please note the following points.
1. Please remember that you’re coming to a country where security is very paramount, therefore never carry anything incriminating. Rwanda is like a police state, therefore expect security checking or surveillance everywhere.
1. Make sure that your passport, a scanned photograph, the photocopy of the visa printout, your yellow card, the COVID-19 clearance certificate, return ticket, the contact details of the place you intend to stay and the basic travelling allowance are in your hand luggage, for easy presentation on-demand by security personnel. Putting any of these vital documents in your main luggage will not only cause delay but may lead to refused entry.
2. If you’re a first-time traveller to Rwanda especially if you’re on a short visit never carry large luggage, it may send a wrong signal to the security agents that you intend to relocate permanently in Rwanda and it could lead to refused entry.
3. Do not make or receive phone calls while you are waiting for immigration or security clearance, the distractions may be very costly.
4. Never make friends with a stranger before you conclude the arrival formalities.
5. Finally, do not assist or carry anything for anyone it could be dangerous.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT ARRIVAL HALL
After the immigration clearance and you might have concluded the picking of your luggage from the conveyor belt, the next step is to get a vehicle to the place you are heading to in Kigali or any other Rwandan town.
1. Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic there are still some preventive and restrictions measures in place. You need to have your face marks in place.
2. The cheapest means of transport from Kigali Airport to the city is by bus. The trip by bus is around 25 minutes and it cost approximately USD1,
WHERE TO STAY IN KIGALI
If you don’t have pre-arranged accommodation in Kigali, you can choose one of the many affordable hotels around, the cost ranging from 27 dollars per night. The good news is that no matter where you selected to stay, your safety is guaranteed. However, it is advisable you stay near the city centre, so that you can assess other areas of interest without much pain of reaching your preferred destination.
Usually, we don’t recommend accommodation, because we assumed there are many professional accommodation providers you can contact online for accommodation solutions.
However, for young travellers who are on a budget you can enquire about Youth Hostels, if available, they present to you the cheapest accommodation for anyone without privacy priority.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO RWANDA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO MOVE AROUND
Moving around in Rwanda becomes easy in that there is superb bus transportation that covers both within and outside the city of Kigali. Importantly the road network is connecting major towns are In good shape traversing across town is a pleasure.
For anyone who intend to move around alone and faster motorbike taxis are the best mediums to use they are faster in providing personal services.
Because the country is safe to travel anyone with a private vehicle enjoys the journey if you choose to travel beyond the Capital city of Kigali, especially during the dry season.
THE BEST TIME TO VISIT RWANDA
Rwanda is blessed with a tropical climate and it is possible to enjoy your visit year-round, however, the best time for any visitor interested in a spectacular time is between June and September which is mainly the dry season in Rwanda.
THINGS TO DO IN RWANDA
Depending on your mission to Rwanda, if you’re here on tourism, you’re surely in for a good time. Rwanda is popularly known for its spectacular scenery. There are lots of activities that will surely take your breath away, it will linger in your memory that you will feel like coming back or relocating here entirely.
Activities such as Gorilla trekking is a big deal that is not easy to obtain elsewhere. Likewise
LANGUAGE SPOKEN IN RWANDA
Although there are four official languages recognized in Rwanda, namely Rwanda, English, French and Swahili, Rwanda and Swahili are the most commonly spoken by the majority of people here. For anyone intending to stay for a long while you should be ready to learn Rwanda and Swahili. However English as a business language is gaining popularity in higher institutions.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB HERE?
Looking for a job in a foreign country could be a daunting task, However, Rwanda is an emerging nation, if you’re a qualified professional in certain areas that are sought after to Rwanda economic and social needs it is surely possible to get a job here. For example, English is gaining popularity and its uses are becoming essential as a modern business language, if you’re a qualified English teacher or digital Technology expert it is possible to secure a job with good pay.
These are the possible ways you can go about getting a job here
1. Search through various online websites dedicated to job recruitment. Fortunately, there are many of them you can use.
2. Employ the service of a professional job recruiter to assist you.
3. Finally if you have a friend or relation in Rwanda or one of the adjacent countries you will surely secure a job. Remember, things are changing quickly here and the country is progressing well and the job of qualified professionals will certainly be required by all means.
That’s all for now on travel to Rwanda from Nigeria step by step guide