Travel To Spain From Nigeria Step By Step Guide
Here we present to you comprehensively travel to Spain from Nigeria step by step guide to make your trip to Spain a successful undertaking.
Spain an industrialised country situated in the Iberian peninsula of South-Western Europe, is a place worth travelling to, be it for vacation, tourism, researching, sojourning, business, relocating, working, or studies.
Regardless of the coronavirus pandemic ravaging most of the European Union member countries which we strongly believed is a temporary problem, travelling to Spain is a worthwhile experience. Currently, all you need is a little patience.
WHY TRAVELLING TO SPAIN?
There are different reasons why people travel to Spain which we have listed above. From records, most Nigerians travelling to Spain do for business and searching for a better life.
Many Nigerian businessmen and women travel to Spain because it’s a place they source fanciful building materials and other industrial components. Spain presents to business people easy assess to port moreover sending materials from Spain to Nigeria is direct shipping which automatically makes it cheaper.
Searching for a better life: Spain is a friendly country to immigrants, unlike in other climes where the system is very hostile to African immigrants Spain is accommodating that allows refugees to settle down and start a new life.
TRAVEL TO SPAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
LIVING AND WORKING IN SPAIN
Immigrants especially Africans are travelling to Spain nowadays to settle down or coming on permanent relocation due to the shift in focusing from Northern and Western Europe to the South. If you are one of those people planning to relocate to Spain here are a few tips to guide you in making a decision on relocation:
1. Moving to a new area required a lot of patience. You will need to read papers pertaining to Spain. Ask questions, make enquiries and approach the issue of relocation with all you got. Never leave any of your documents behind, double-check and take along any papers you believe will be of use to you.
2. Language: Because of advancements in technology, learning a new language is becoming a little bit easier nowadays. Be in love with Spanish the official language of Spain, and find the new technic in learning the language, it will be of immense benefits to you in your living and working in Spain. Getting along with the locals may be difficult unless you familiarise yourself with Spanish.
Take learning the language seriously and be able to speak it is the first way to succeed in settling down in Spain.
3. Finding a job.
If the main reason for your travel to Spain is to get reasonable employment than what obtains in your current country of residence, therefore, note it from the onset that getting a job in Spain generally may not come easy, unless you’re coming with a special skill that is in great demand currently, you will need a lot of patience to get a job.
It’s recommended that you start researching before leaving your comfort zone. If you’re already here or coming to search for a job make sure you have enough funds to see yourself through, because you may need to stay up to six months searching before getting a job.
4. Spain present to you with very good weather conditions. Coming from Africa, you will not be exposed to harsh cold weather such as what prevails in the Scandinavian. Most areas can boost of sunny weather.
5. Starting your own business: Be self-employed as a foreigner is possible provided you have the means or the technical know-how and you should be ready to register and do all the required paperwork.
Stay in Spain and be exporting spare parts or second-hand cars, popularly called used cars is one of the easiest ways to earn a living in recent years.
TRAVEL TO SPAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO GET THERE
The only option is available if you want to travel to Spain is by flight.
There are various airlines operating flights to different cities in Spain such as Lagos to Madrid, Lagos to Barcelona, Lagos to Valencia etcetera. Roundtrip prices range between USD736 – USD1105
The earlier you book the cheaper the flight in most cases.
DO YOU NEED AN ENTRY VISA TO TRAVEL TO SPAIN?
Yes, coming from Nigeria, you must process the type of visa that is required for your trip.
1. If you’re going on a short visit, holiday or business all you need is a Schengen visa which is valid for 90 days and which could still enable you to travel to all other Schengen areas.
2. If you’re planning a relocation or working in Spain you require a long term visa which involves longer and elaborate processing.
WAYS TO WORK IN SPAIN
There are four different ways you can employ to work in Spain.
1. Process a work visa: If you intend to live and work in Spain the best and the direct way is to process a work visa prior to your departure from your country. You can achieve this goal by searching and applying for a job in Spain through a relative of yours, employ an agent. or personal search through the internet. When you obtain an offer of employment from Spain, you can proceed to apply for a work visa. This can only be done through the Spanish Embassy in your country of residence.
2. Process a short term visa and travel to Spain as a visitor, you can use your time to search for a job. If you secure a job within the period, you may go back home and apply for a work visa.
3. If you’re from one of those volatile regions in Nigeria, such as most Northern or South-Eastern Nigeria, you can enter Spain with a short term visa and apply to the Spanish Authority for refugee status. You’re duly entitled to be a refugee. When you’re inside you can apply for a job.
4. Strictly for Young Adults, you may invest in Education by coming to Spain as a Student. Study a course or profession that is highly needed or the one that can get you employment without much stress.
If you intend to study in order to work in Spain in the near future, do your research very well to know the area of job in demand. Never embark on studying anyhow course. A course such as IT, various technical and engineering professions or employment such as food and retail industry are currently in demand. They are all there for you, find out.
Furthermore, be conversant with EU regulations guiding the employment of a non-EU immigrant.
(If you want to see an up-to-date list of in-demand jobs in Spain, try Google search to find out)
STILL ON, TRAVEL TO SPAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE – HOW TO APPLY FOR A SPANISH SHORT-TERM VISA IN NIGERIA
If you intend to travel to Spain you must process an entry visa through the Spanish visa application centre in Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria.
This is how to go about it:
1. Download a complete Spain visa application form online.
2. Carefully complete the form and append your signature.
Attach the following documents:
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
2. Two recently taken photograph sized photographs with white background.
3. Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
4. Evidence of accommodation reservation.
5. Police clearance certificate.
6. A signed personal statement made by you, explain your reasons for your travel to Spain. This must include your itinerary.
7. An original Bank statement of account for the last six months duly endorsed by the bank
8. Evidence of flight booking.
9. Travel health insurance.
10. Other documents as requested by the embassy.
Submission at the Visa Application Centre
After the collation of all the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at Spain Visa Application Centre near to you.
Please note the following at the point of submission.
1. Do the biometric fingerprint scans at the designated point.
2. Pay the visa application processing and the biometric fees at the designated counter.
3. All original documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies.
4. Finally, submit your application well ahead of your travel, at least 3 working weeks before your scheduled departure.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU DEPART FOR SPAIN
1. On the day of your departure ensure you arrive at the airport early before the Airline commences departing procedures.
2. After you checked in your luggage and obtained a boarding pass move straight to the immigration departure counters, do not engage in any frivolous sidewalk or photograph with friends because you have an important duty to perform before the final departure.
3. If you arrive late to the Immigration departure counters be expecting long queues which sometimes may lead to missing your flight. Please note that if you miss your flight it will definitely attract extra Airline and Airport charges whenever you want to go. Do not say we did not warn you.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO SPAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE IMMIGRATION CLEARANCE.
1. If you’re a first-time traveller, be sure you did not carry large luggage. Having many suitcases may send the wrong signal to some security agents that you intend to stay and settle in Spain, often these acts may lead to refuse entry.
2. Conversations on social media: Be careful about the type of conversations you engaged in on your phone as soon as you step into the Airport and while onboard the Aircraft, they may use them against you and it could lead to refuse entry.
3. Be sure your International passport, Return ticket, health certificate and basic travelling allowance are within reach. Never put them in your luggage to avoid confusion and delay in getting clearance at the immigration arrival counters.
4. Avoid assisting the fellow traveller in carrying anything no matter the condition. It could be dangerous.
5. Do not make friends within the control area, until you step out of the arrival hall.
DEPARTING THE AIRPORT
Be careful of the type of transport you use to move out of the Airport. Avoid chartered caps, most of them are highly expensive and exploitative. Go for Airport Shuttle bus or other public transport unless you’re in a hurry.
ACCOMMODATION IN SPAIN
If you don’t have pre-arranged accommodation or staying with someone, you may seek the assistance of professionals who will help you to get the type of accommodation that suits your pocket. Booking.com and hotels.com etcetera may be of help.
For young people, you may go for hostels instead of hotels, there are some fun and monetary advantage in this regard. Numerous Hostels are scattered in all areas in Spain with good facilities and they are inexpensive. Check them out.
This is all we can tell you for now on Travel to Spain from Nigeria step by step guide.
- SPANISH EMBASSY IN NIGERIA, VISA APPLICATION, ADDRESS AND MORE
- LIVING AND WORKING IN NORWAY
- LIVING AND WORKING IN AUSTRALIA
- TRAVEL TO FIJI ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- HOW TO APPLY FOR LUXEMBOURG VISA IN NIGERIA