Here we are delighted in presenting to you 10 countries where you can buy a property and get citizenship. In the past guys used to be contented with their place of birth and take whatever opportunity or misfortune brought by their accident of birth, not knowing that if their country of birth boxed them to a rough corner and found themselves disadvantaged in the international arena there are some smart ways you can change the negativity of place of birth by considering moving to a country where you can buy a property and get citizenship.
10 countries where you can buy a property and get citizenship
This is more of our continuation or intensification of efforts on citizenship by investment programme awareness as advanced in our various writeups. We strongly believed that this could serve as a motivation for anyone who may be interested in taking advantage of today’s possibilities and opportunities which may be impossible to come by in near future.
10 COUNTRIES WHERE YOU CAN BUY A PROPERTY AND GET CITIZENSHIP
Montenegro a Southern European country located on the Balkan Peninsula is our first pick in that the country is having one of the most exciting citizenship by investment programmes which is relatively affordable. It is a country where you can buy a property and get citizenship.
Interestingly Montenegro is on its way to being a member of the European Union. A country currently uses EURO as its official or national currency. It is good to know that Montenegro citizenship by investment is one of the newest in operation anywhere, in that it came to be in 2019 purposes to attract foreign direct investment into the country.
Montenegro Citizenship by investment program wants an interested applicant to make a defined economic contribution to the country’s society through investment in the development fund and invest in economic development projects approved by the Montenegro Government.
Montenegro Citizenship by investment program REQUIREMENTS
1. The applicant must be an adult over 18 years of age.
2. The applicant has choices of contributing in any of these ways:
(A) Make a contribution of EUR450,000 to development projects in the nation’s capital or the coastal areas.
(B) Make donation of EUR100,000 and investment of EUR250,000 to development projects in Northern or central Montenegro only.
3. Pay a processing fee of EUR15,000
4. If you as the main applicant is having dependants, the person should be ready to pay EUR 10,000 per person.
ADVANTAGES OF MONTENEGRO CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The program qualifies the person full citizenship along with the dependants when granted.
2. You have the freedom of travelling to 125 countries and 36 partially recognized countries/ territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
3. Your real estate investment is operated by a reliable government-approved agency.
4. The location of Montenegro in Europe is an ideal place to spend the rest of your life.
5. Montenegro is a candidate for the membership of the European Union therefore you’re sure of the Schengen zone free movement
6. When you submit your completed application form it takes only 6 months to complete and get approval.
2. NORTH MACEDONIA
North Macedonia a Southeastern European country that shares borders with Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, Kosovo and Albania is another newest citizenship by investment program currently operating in Europe that is not too expensive to undertake.
The North Macedonia citizenship by investment programme is designed to encourage investors to be part of the development of this recently independent country. A country that is strategically important to Eastern and Western European countries.
The citizenship by investment program allows interested applicants and their dependents to acquire citizenship of North Macedonia within 5 months. Unarguably one of the fastest in Europe currently.
1. The applicant must be an adult over 18 years of age.
2. An Applicant should be able to Contribution or make a government donation of EUR200,000 and be ready to pay the following associated fees: Application, Due diligence fees and processing fees
3. Any applicant who intends to include dependants must pay additional charges per person.
4. The principal amount can be contributed within two years to a government-approved private investment fund.
5. Evidence or presentation of a police clearance certificate.
6. Provide a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
7. Evidence of financial capability.
ADVANTAGES OF A NORTH MACEDONIA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. Automatic citizenship of a well-organised upper-middle-income country.
2. Any successful candidate will have the freedom of travelling to 125 countries and 30 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
3. Citizenship of a country soon to be a full member of the European Union.
4. Citizenship of a country that allows dual citizenship.
5. No language requirements or minimum residency by annual.
6. Finally, all it takes to get approval is 5 months making it one of the fastest in Europe.
Turkey, a country located at the intersection of Asia, Europe and the Middle East can stand tall as a transcontinental country with one of the most attractive citizenship by investment programs in Europe.
THE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS
The Turkish citizenship by investment program which was formerly put at USD1,000,000 is astonishingly set currently at USD 250,000 including processing fees.
1. All you need is to buy a real estate investment for a minimum amount of USD250,000. Please note that the real estate investment may not be a single property. You have free to buy an apartment, a house or an industrial outlet. The only condition attached is that the proceeding should not be more than 2 months in a sundry transaction.
2. Pay a deposit of USD500,000 in a government-approved Bank in a fixed deposit.
3. Invest a minimum of USD500,000 in a fixed capital contribution. Such as government bonds or shares of investment funds specialising in real estate
4. Buy government bonds USD500,000 with an obligation to hold the assets for 3 years.
5. Set up a business with at least USD500,000, Alternatively create a job with the capacity to employ 50 employees.
ADVANTAGES OF TURKEY CITIZENSHIP
1. citizenship enables the holder opportunity to live in a country with a high standard of living.
2. You’re living in a country where the weather climate is generally better with a mild Mediterranean climate.
3. Open to a Country that gives you access to Eurasian, Western Asia, Continental Europe and the Middle East.
4. Eligibility for a United States E-2 Investor visa.
5. You have the freedom of travelling to 113 countries and 21 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
The Turkish citizenship by investment is discriminatory in that some countries are excluded from participating for reasons best known only to the Turkish government.
STILL ON, 10 COUNTRIES WHERE YOU CAN BUY A PROPERTY AND GET CITIZENSHIP
Malta, an island country located in the Central Mediterranean Sea with proximity to North Africa, Europe and the Middle East introduced dynamic citizenship by investment program in 2014 and reintroduced in 2020, and was well accepted because of Malta location and the fact that the country is a member of the European Union.
Maltese Citizenship by investment program is quite different from the most program we have been focusing on in that it specifically targeted foreign individuals and their families who contribute to Malta economic development as a resident.
Anyone interested in the program and all dependent to be included must hold Maltese residence status for a minimum of 36 months before they are qualified to apply for citizenship.
The program is called “THE Malta Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment”
1. The applicant must be an adult of over 18 years of age.
2. The applicant must have a genuine link with the country.
3. The due diligence emphasised that its imperative for any applicant be fit and go through the proper test.
4. Anyone who is applying for Malta Citizenship by Investment must be of sound health and free from contagious diseases.
5. Applicants must have the ability to provide direct investment.
Main applicant EUR600,000 and have 3 years residency. Alternatively, provide EUR750,000 and have a one-year residency.
If you’re including your spouse pay an additional EUR50,000. And pay an additional EUR50,000 for children.
If you are interested in purchasing Real Estate in Malta you will need EUR700,000, be ready to maintain it for five years.
Donation to the National Government Charitable organisations EUR10,000
Due Diligence fees
The main applicant EUR15,000
Accompanied dependents EUR10,000
The main applicant EUR15,000
Accompanied dependents EUR3,000
1. A Successful candidate will be granted citizenship in Malta by a Certificate of Naturalisation. Including the dependents
2. A sought after program and a reputable financial centre.
3. THE Malta Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment allows dual citizenship.
4. A Successful candidate has the freedom of travelling to 161 countries and 56 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
5. Living in a Mediterranean climate with the possibility of beautiful weather year-round.
If you’re one of the visa applicants who have suffered a perennial denial of a US visa and it seems there is no hope, why don’t you try the option of buying the citizenship of Grenada? A country located in the Caribbean sea will enable you to kill two birds with one stone.
1. Grenada is one of the few countries that enjoy the freedom of travelling to the United States visa-free. As a citizen, you are automatically entitled to the United States of America E2 visa.
2. You will not lose the citizenship of your country of origin because Grenada allows dual nationality.
3. You enjoy the freedom of travelling to 134 countries and 35 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free or visa on arrival. Including China.
4. Your citizenship of Grenada doesn’t compulsory for you to stay in the country perpetually, hence you can come and go at your discretion.
5. Unlike countries such as Panama where they discriminate as to the eligible countries, Grenada citizenship does not discriminate. Citizens of all nations are qualified to get permanent residence.
6. All you need to qualify for Grenadines citizenship is to contribute the sum of USD200,000 non-refundable to the national transformation fund. Or if you can go further pay USD350,000 realty investment. And USD50,000 fee for a family of four. Be ready to pay the legal and processing fees of about USD6,500 to get it done.
7. Within 60 working days you will be granted Grenada citizenship. This should be the 2nd fastest citizenship.
8. Additional advantages of being a Grenadine is that the country is a member of the commonwealth of nations and English is the official language, hence you have no problem of communication majority of the citizens understand English.
STILL ON COUNTRIES WHERE YOU CAN BUY A PROPERTY AND GET CITIZENSHIP
6. ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Antigua and Barbuda a country located in the Eastern Caribbean sea present you with one of the newest citizenship by investment programs open to investors without discrimination.
The Antigua and Barbuda program prides itself as one of the quickest in that it is possible to get approval and acquire the country’s passport within 3- 4 months of placing in your application.
1. The basic requirement is that the main applicant must be an adult of over 18 years of age.
2. There are 4 different options any interested applicant can follow the acquire the citizenship
– Contribute USD100,000 to the Antigua and Barbuda National Development Fund
– Invest USD1,500,000 in establishing a business
– Invest USD400,000 in a government-approved Real Estate project
– Contribute a non-refundable USD150,000 to the University of West Indies.
ADVANTAGES OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
1. The Citizenship by investment program allows the holder dual citizenship
2. citizenship allows the successful candidate a permanent residency.
3. citizenship by investment makes it possible for a newborn to inherit.
4. If you choose to be non-resident no imposed taxes on you.
5. Successful candidates have easier access to the United States and Canada.
6. Finally you have the freedom of travelling 141 countries and 43 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
7. SAINT LUCIA
Saint Lucia a country located in the Eastern Caribbean sea present everyone with a citizenship by investment program that is the most affordable citizenship program which is non-discriminatory in the market currently.
The Saint Lucia program came into operation in 2015, which make it one of the most recent citizenship by investment program around.
Citizenship by investment requires an applicant to make an economic contribution of USD100,000 minimum.
The program offers an applicant four options:
1. Contribution to the government fund
2. Purchasing real Estate
3. Buying government bonds
4. Investing in a business
Anyone who invests in bonds or real Estate should expect a return within 5-7 years after receiving approval for citizenship.
Anyone participating in the program along with the spouse must contribute USD140,000
Anyone participating along with spouse, and two dependents the contribution increases to USD150,000
Please note that there are various charges to be paid depending on the option you selected.
ADVANTAGES OF SAINT LUCIA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
1. The program allows a successful applicant to keep the passport of the country where the person is coming from hence dual citizenship is allowed.
2. The person has the freedom of travelling to Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the Schengen zone.
3. You may decide not to reside in the country.
4. You will be given a passport that will allow you the freedom of travelling 136 countries and 46 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
8. SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
Saint Kitts and Nevis a two-island country located on the Eastern Caribbean sea is proudly presenting the oldest citizenship by investment in recent years. Despite being the oldest the program is still very vibrant and effective benefiting those interested in investing in the West Indies area.
Saint Kitts and Nevis program granted citizenship and passport to interested applicants who is able to pass the due diligence process.
Investment applicants are required to donate or invest in real estate. The applicant is expected to donate a minimum of USD150,000 to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) or make an investment of USD400,000 in real estate.
The second option can be reduced to USD200,000 for a selected few as determined by the government.
Equally, the Sustainable Growth Fund that used to be USD195,000 and been reduced to USD150,000 for families of four as of March 2021.
The main applicant is expected to pay due diligence charges as follows:
The main applicant is USD7,500 and USD4,000 for each dependent who is above 16 years of age.
It takes only 6 months to complete the process and get citizenship.
ADVANTAGES OF SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The program allows dual citizenship.
2. You don’t stress yourself by visiting the country to complete the process equally you do not need to be a resident.
3. Citizenship is not revocable hence it is lifetime citizenship.
4. You have the freedom of travelling 137 countries and 48 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
STILL ON COUNTRIES WHERE YOU CAN BUY A PROPERTY AND GET CITIZENSHIP
Vanuatu is an independent country, a chain of 80 small islands located in the South Pacific Ocean east of Australia. Vanuatu is a member of the commonwealth of nations. The official language is English but large numbers of the population equally speak French.
Vanuatu offers you the fastest citizenship by investment that is difficult to get elsewhere, with an investment of USD130,000 for a person and USD180,000 for a family of four (4) including fees you are on your way to become a citizen of this Oceanic country.
The benefits of Vanuatu citizenship by investment are enormous, it includes:
1. You are free to complete the deal outside Vanuatu. This means that the Oath Swearing Ceremony can be completed at any location that is suitable for the applicant.
2. It is not a must for the applicant to reside in Vanuatu always.
3. Citizenship by investment allows for dual citizenship.
4. It is not a must that you should arrive or depart with a Vanuatu’s passport.
5. It is not required for the applicant to master the Vanuatuan language. Hence no language requirement.
6. Because Vanuatu does not have an income tax, wealth taxes capital gains or inheritance taxes, the applicant is free from those taxes.
7. Unlike some countries where they discriminate against a lot of countries willing to participate, Vanuatu citizenship by investment programme is open to almost all countries in the Universe, except for a few countries such as Iraq, North Korea, Yemen, Syria, and Iran.
8. One of the biggest advantages of Vanuatuan citizenship by investment is that any successful applicants will be given a Vanuatu passport which enables the holder to travel to 127 countries and 35 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free or visa on arrival, including the UK and all the European Union countries (Schengen zone) The holder is also free to visit China visa-free.
9. Finally, the whole process can be completed in 45 days. To Cap it all the applicant may not need to come and pick the passport, because it can be posted directly to the person.
1. The other side to the deal is that the applicant must not have criminal records.
2. The applicant cannot participate in Vanuatu political activities and may not present himself or herself to be voted for.
Dominica an island country located in the Eastern Caribbean sea operates robust and cost-effective citizenship by investment program in the whole of the Caribbean.
The Dominica citizenship by investment offers interested applicants two options in which they are free to choose any convenient stream.
1. Contribution of a non-refundable fund of USD100,000 to the Economic Development Fund.
2. Invest a minimum of USD200,000 in a government-approved real estate project.
Charges payable for Dominica citizenship by investment
The main applicant is expected to pay USD25,000, the Main applicant and spouse UDS35,000, A family of four USD 35,000 etc.
Additional charges for Dominica Citizenship.
1. Processing per application USD1,000
2. Due Diligence fees for the main applicant USD7,500
3. Due Diligence fees for spouse USD4,000
4. Due diligence fees The dependents above 16 years old USD4,000 per applicant
5. Certificate of Naturalisation USD250 per applicant.
REQUIREMENTS OF DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The main applicant must be an adult over 18 years of age.
2. Be ready to undergo the due diligence process before approval
3. The applicant and the dependents must not have criminal records
4. Be ready to prove the source of funds for the program
5. Dependents children must not be above 30 years of age
1. ADVANTAGES OF DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The program is non-discriminatory in that citizens of all nations are free to participate
2. It is one of the cheapest and most flexible citizenship by investment programs around.
3. A Successful applicant does not need to reside in Dominica permanent to qualify for citizenship.
4. Citizenship is inherited by a new-born.
5. As a citizen if you’re not living permanently in Dominica no taxes will be imposed on you.
6. You will not lose the citizenship of the country you’re coming from.
7. You have the freedom of travelling 133 countries and 42 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
That’s all for now on 10 countries where you can buy a property and get citizenship.