If you are planning or interested in travelling to Oman for business, visiting or importantly working, you should read this piece on how to get Oman visa in Nigeria.
HOW TO GET OMAN VISA IN NIGERIA
Even though the Sultanate State of Oman does not maintain an Embassy in Nigeria, statistically, Oman is one of the top 10 countries Nigerians are travelling to frequently.
The purpose of this writeup is to explain in detail how you can process an Omani visa in Nigeria successfully, and the situation of things when you land and decided to stay for a while,
It is important to emphasise that Oman does not have an Embassy in Nigeria, therefore, an intending traveller to Oman must rely on 2 options to obtain their visa.
1. Through a CABLE VISA
2. Through another country where Oman maintains an Embassy
In using the cable visa option, it’s important to understand what a cable visa is all about.
A cable visa, in this case, is an approval issued or granted by the Omani government to an intending traveller from Nigeria. It is produced electronically and forwarded by email to the visa applicant, to enable him or her to enter Oman.
While it eliminated the hardship of physical appearance at the embassy, it is possible to fall victim to fraudulent cable visa agents and also it denied the visa applicant the use of a visa stamp as a souvenir in his passport
STILL ON HOW TO GET OMAN VISA IN NIGERIA
To obtain an Oman cable visa you have to rely on 3 options
1. Asked your relation, organisation, individual to process the visa for you.
2. Search for a job online and ask your potential employer to process the visa for you.
3. Engage the service of an agent to process the cable visa for you, for a fee.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1.If you’re employing an agent be very careful and guide against fake papers.
2. Most of your printout may come in Arabic and the Interpretation sometimes may be inaccurate, therefore it is important you engage someone to do the interpretation for you, before departure. Do not travel without adequate knowledge of the cable document.
3. If you’re going for employment you must study the type of employment agreement you are entering.
4. You must take the time to study how their system operates.
5. VERY IMPORTANT you must ask how you can exit Oman in case the place did not meet your expectations and you want to get out.
This is vital because most of their residence permits have two years life span and it may be impossible to leave or exit before it expires.
6. You may not be allowed to change employment.
7. You must guide against rushing to a strange country and systematically entering a slave contract.
8. You must inquire about your potential employer because some of them are not discipline, hostile without human feelings, and with little respect for human rights.
9. Note that immigrants, in most cases do not have labour organisations to fight for them.
10. Be ready to hand over your travel documents.
11. Finally, be ready to face a very harsh weather conditions. Oman is in the Arabian desert with unfriendly weather, but the government has a very good cooling system.
The BOTTOM LINE: Do not say I did not tell you.
STILL ON HOW TO GET OMAN VISA IN NIGERIA
When your visa arrived and you’re ready to travel, in order not to get refused departure treatment in Nigeria, and to be allowed entry into Muscat you must have most or all of the following documents:
1.Your International passport with at least 6 months validity
2. Basic travelling allowance.
3. Port health certificate.
4. Confirmed return airline ticket
5. Confirmed hotel reservation
6. Letter of invitation from the person inviting you.
WELCOME TO OMAN
The Gulf state of Oman is a country practising an absolute monarchy system of government, it is a well-organised society, with a well-managed economy.
Unlike most other Gulf States, Oman has a relatively diversified economy. Low in population but very good in developmental planning and programmes which enables foreigners to key into the economy and provide opportunities to work and earn living wages.
That’s all for now on how to get Oman visa in Nigeria.