How To Apply For Brazilian Visa In Nigeria
This is how to apply for Brazilian visa in Nigeria
Any intending traveller to the big Southern American country Brazil from Nigeria be it business, touring, holidaying, visiting, medical, researching, sojourning, studies or employment should prepare to obtain an entry visa because the visa is required to travel to Brazil in that Nigeria and Brazil doesn’t have visa abolition agreement. We are here to provide the general guidelines on how to apply for Brazilian visa in Nigeria.
TYPES OF VISA YOU CAN APPLY FOR AT THE BRAZILIAN EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
The following visas are available at the Brazilian Embassy in Nigeria:
Visiting/Tourist visa, Student visa, Business visa, Transit visa, Cultural visa, Athletes visa, work visa, Artists visa, Journalist visa etc
HOW TO APPLY FOR BRAZILIAN VISA IN NIGERIA
Depends on the type of visa an applicant is applying for, the standard requirements by the Brazilian Embassy in Nigeria are as follows:
1. International passport with at least 6 months validity and at least two visa pages unused
2. A recently acquired passport-sized photograph,
3. A printout copy of electronic visa application form, with the attached receipt and paste photograph on it. The form must be duly signed and attached all the required documents to the embassy
4. An original copy of a letter from your employer indicating designation, your financial position and intending date of departure and arrival, duly signed by an authorised person of the company.
5. Photocopy of Airline ticket indicates scheduled departure and arrival dates.
6. Artists, entertainers and those travelling for cultural events, they must obtain a letter of sponsor indicating the venue and date of events. Authorisation must be duly signed by the Ministry of Culture in Brazil before applying for the visa.
7. For visiting visa a letter of invitation from the person you are visiting with the copy of his resident permit is required
8. For an under-age person travelling unaccompanied the following documents are required:
1. A copy of the parent’s passport or national identity card
2. Original and copy of the birth certificate
3. A letter of consent from the parent, original and copy must be attached to the visa application of the embassy of Brazil in Nigeria.
9. A photocopy of your driver’s licence or national identity card to show your residential address
10. Anyone travelling for business transactions should provide a letter of invitation from the company in Brazil, which must be on the company’s official letter headed paper.
10. Evidence of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Brazil.
11. Evidence of hotel reservation with your surname printed on the hotel reservation.
12. Evidence of Port health certificate.
13. Evidence of Police clearance certificate.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
After the compilation and print out of the completed application form, you’re to submit them at the Brazilian Embassy in Nigeria.
Ensure you submit your application personally, submission through Emails are not permitted.
Please note that you must pay the visa fees at the Stanbic IBTC Bank made payable to the Brazilian Consulate General in Nigeria. Afterwards, you will attach the bank receipt to the completed visa application form.
ADDRESS OF THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF BRAZIL IN LAGOS, NIGERIA
Plot 257, Kofo Abayomi Street,
Telephone number: +234 1 271 0351
Email address for visa enquiry or general information: email@example.com
Office hours for visa applications: Monday to Thursday 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 pm.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR BRAZILIAN VISA IN NIGERIA – AFTER SUBMISSION
Please note that the embassy required 21 days for the visa processing, therefore, you should endeavour to submit your application form well ahead of your travel.
Ensure you produce a self-addressed courier delivery envelope for the return of your passport after approval if you do not want to come for collection.
For more information about Brazil and how to apply for Brazilian visa in Nigeria, you can contact this website.
Before you set out for Brazil endeavour to check out the current situation in Brazil concerning the coronavirus pandemic currently ravaging the large Southern American country. It is sad to say Brazil is badly affected and things are not getting better, the lackadaisical attitude of the current President of Brazil is not helping matters, therefore, you should find out about the area you are going in Brazil. It will not be a bad idea if you can put on hold your visit to Brazil until the situation improves.
Equally you should obtain a health certificate stating that you are free from the virus, before leaving the country to avoid refused entry.
Thanks for the information. I just want to know the type of visa I should apply for. I have a 5day conference to attend.
What you need is conference visa. You should attach the copy of the invitation letter with your application. Do it on time to meet the conference date.
Please which visa should I apply for an going for a visit
You will apply for visiting visa. However you need an invitation letter the person inviting you
I want to give birth in Brazil, what information do I need to provide and what visa do I need.
Please direct your questions to the Brazilian Embassy, they are in better position to tell you. We don’t work with them.
I want to stay and work in Brazil how do I go about it
Visit the Brazilian Embassy or enquiries, or get the service of an agent you can trust. We don’t offer such service.
I have a conference by 3rd October 2018.Can I still get a visa approval to meet this date?
I don’t think you can make it. You have only seven working days left.
Please contact the embassy directly for enquiry.
Sir,I’ve a cultural event to attend and fully sponsored by the organiser in Brazil.The financial details of the host will be sent to the Embassy,including the invitation.Do I still need to provide a letter from my employer stating my designation,financial position etc,even, if I’m not working? I’m so confused.
Because you’re not an employee therefore you do not need a letter from any employer. However, they may need to know what you’re doing for a living.
Good morning, I need a visa as postdoc researcher in Brazil with scholarship to be awarded by a body in Brazil. What type of visa will I apply for and what are the documents I will need to present.
You should apply for research visa. Besides your international passport, you must present the original of all the documents inviting you for the research studies.
Furthermore, evidence of basic travelling allowance must be provided.
Is it compulsory to apply online because the link to their online form is prompting security alert as fraudulent site. Can you please help clarify this?
Please I want to apply for visiting visa as I have global conference to attend from 22/3/19 to 29/3/19 and my invitation letter has arrived what steps do I need to take as I will be traveling for this event with my family
Please proceed to the Brazilian Embassy nearest to you and apply for visa. File in your application on time, and remember to attached the invitation letter.