This is how to apply for India Visa in Nigeria. Before you commence your trip to India bear in mind that you must process and obtain a visa, regardless of your mode of visit. (Unless you’re a diplomat) importantly if you’re planning a medical trip it’s important to read this piece! it will guide you for a hinge-free flight.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INDIA VISA IN NIGERIA
1. DOWNLOAD AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FORM
In order to apply for an India visa in Nigeria, you must start by downloading the visa application form online, through the following website: www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info.jsp
Fill in your particulars, and submit them for approval.
2. APPEAR IN PERSON AT THE HIGH COMMISSION OR SUBMISSION CENTRE
When you received the approval you must appear in person with the approval and attached all the required documents.
3. OBTAIN A DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW
The next stage is to get a date for your visa interview
4. APPEAR FOR THE INTERVIEW
On the appointed date you have to present yourself for the interview, it’s advisable you arrive early to avoid a situation whereby the interview will not be cancelled or postponed.
5. COLLECTION DATE
After the interview, you will be given a date for collection and if you’re successful, you will be issued a visa for your trip.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THOSE GOING ON MEDICAL TRIP
Please take note of the following important information which may be difficult to obtain elsewhere:
1. Be prepared to get a clearance/medical certificate from the Embassy of India dedicated hospital in Nigeria, before going for the interview.
2. Furthermore, after obtaining the medical visa do not book your flight without getting another medical clearance/certificate from the Airline home headquarters, you will apply for it at the airline head office in Lagos or Abuja via email. The clearance certificate can be regarded as an authority to board. The Airline headquarters will download it into your email, without it the airline may disallow you from boarding.
To avoid last-minute disappointment get clarifications from your chosen airline.
The Republic of India is a preferred destination to so many Nigerian going on business, studies, and lately medical, due to a variety of reasons:
1. No language barrier: India is a commonwealth nation, the English language is spoken by the vast majority of people providing various services.
2. Good medical facilities: India is well advanced in medicine and good medical facilities are obtainable at a reasonable cost.
3. Information technology: This is another area where India is well advanced and ahead of most African nations.
4. The national currency: Indian currency is not as strong compared to dollars, therefore, goods and services are affordable for foreigners.
For more information on the standard requirements for obtaining an India visa in Nigeria, the types of visas available, and the addresses of India missions in Nigeria, you can visit this website on facts36.com