Travel To India From Nigeria Step By Step Guide
TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE is a way of analysing important things you need to know before embarking on your India trip and when you disembark in India in order to have a hitch-free trip.
TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
India a diverse and amazing country located on the continent of Asia is many things to different people.
India is one of the world’s most popular tourist’s destinations where you can see wonders not obtainable elsewhere. It’s a place you can see people of different races habitation in one country.
A place for affordable education and research of different kinds. Study in India you study the world.
A major medical destination for those with various health challenges.
Travelling to India for medical treatment will enable you to get the best treatment at lower prices than in most developed countries.
A destination for business dealings and connections.
A centre for Information technology professionals.
A place you can live and get affordable or expensive accommodation according to your needs.
A place where the worker’s take-home pay is considered poor.
A place where you have the second-largest English speakers in the world but English is not popular in many areas.
Whatever your reasons for travelling to the land of Mahatma Gandhi, We are here to guide you through a successful taking off and landing.
HOW TO GET THERE
The only viable option to get to this second-most populous country in the world is by flight.
There are two ways you can get to India from Nigeria
1. The cheaper option: Travel by road to the far north, from Lagos to Bauchi – Maiduguri – N’Djamena, Chad. Fly from N’Djamena to Mumbai, India.
2. Go by flight directly from Nigeria to India.
There is a various airline operating flights from Nigeria to India, such as Turkish airline, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Kenya Airline, Ethiopian Airline, KLM Royal Dutch Airways, etc.
Their prices range between USD700 for economy class and USD1,800 for the Business class
Remember, before you make a booking enquire about the number of stopovers, because the more the stopovers the more expensive the ticket, importantly, some stopovers may required transit visas, which will entail added costs. Please note that some stopovers may be negative for your trip in that some overzealous security officers in some countries may disallow you from continuing your journey when passing their territories. I’m telling you authoritatively from the horrible experience of many Nigerian travellers.
It’s advisable if you can book your ticket well ahead of your travel, the advanced booking will enable you to get a reasonable discount.
IS INDIA A VISA-FREE COUNTRY FOR NIGERIANS?
India is not a visa-free country for Nigeria, if you intend to travel to India for any reason, be it Visiting, touring, holidaying, researching, doing business, relocating, working, sojourning, medical, transiting or studies you must obtain a visa.
The beauty aspects of it are that an India visa is not difficult to come by if you have the requirements.
TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
This is how to process an Indian visa.
1. Download the visa application form
2. Carefully complete the form and append your signature.
3. Attach the following documents:
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity
2. Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
3. Two recently taken passport-sized photographs with white background.
4. Photocopies of previous visas (if any)
5. Police clearance certificate
6. Health certificate.
7. Evidence of hotel reservation
8. Evidence of flight booking
9. Your bank account statement for the last 6 months is duly endorsed by the Bank.
10. Evidence of your place of residence in Nigeria, such as a National identity card, driver’s licence or voter’s card.
11. If you’re an employee, a letter from your employer stating your designation and leave letter must be provided.
12. An applicant going on visiting must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting him or her.
13. If you’re going on a business trip it’s mandatory to provide
1. An original letter of invitation from your business partner which must be on the company’s letterheaded paper.
2. Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation
Proof of your recent business dealings with the company.
Additional requirements for anyone going for medical reasons.
1. Medical appointment from a hospital in India
2. An official letter stating that the Hospital is ready and capable of performing the medical treatment the person is searching for.
3. A written report from your doctor in Nigeria analysing the importance of urgent medical treatment.
4. Proof of advanced payment, accommodation and health insurance coverage.
5. Before going for a visa interview endeavour to get a clearance/medical certificate from the India High Commission dedicated to a hospital in Nigeria.
6. When you secure a medical visa, before booking your flight ticket you must obtain another clearance certificate from the Airline’s home headquarters. Apply for it at the Airline office in Lagos or Abuja via email. The clearance certificate is regarded as authority to the board. Your chosen Airline will upload it into your email. Please note that without showing it the Airline may disallow you from boarding.
SUBMISSION OF VISA APPLICATION
1. After the compilation of the required documents, you have to book an appointment for the submission of your application.
2. On the appointment day, you have to appear personally to do the submission
At the point of submission you have to:
1. Pay the visa application processing fee and the surcharge fee of USD254
2. Enquire about the possible date of interview (if any)
3. If there is an interview, ensure you arrive early to avoid postponement.
4. Finally, ask for the date of passport collection.
ADDRESSES OF INDIA HIGH COMMISSION IN NIGERIA
364, Cadastral Zone,
Central Business District,
Off Constitution Avenue,
Phone number +234 708 0622 800
8A, Walter Carrington Crescent,
Phone number +234 1448 0883
STILL ON TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR INDIA
Having successfully obtained your visa, please note the following points:
1. On your day of departure, ensure you arrive at the airport early before the scheduled Airline check-in activities.
2. Find out if there is a queue if so join them, avoid any frivolous activities or distractions at this Junction.
3. Immediately you checked in your luggage and obtained your boarding pass move straight to the immigration departure counters.
4. Avoid late arrival to the immigration departure counters, it could be very costly.
5. Lateness in getting to the Immigration departure counters will definitely attract long queues because most major Airlines usually scheduled their flight too late evening.
6. Often times lateness may lead to missing your flight, and the missing flight will automatically attract more charges from the Airline and Airport Authority.
ARRIVING AND DISEMBARKING IN INDIA
When you arrived in India through Chhatrapati Shivaji International, Mumbai Airport, please take note of the following points before reaching the Immigration Arrival clearance counters:
1. If you’re a first-time traveller or on a short visit ensure you do not travel with large luggage. Having many suitcases may send the wrong signal to the security personnel that you’re coming in to stay for a long time in India, this could lead to refuse entry.
2. Ensure your passport, return ticket, health certificate and basic travelling allowance is in your hand luggage to avoid delay in waiting for your suitcases.
3. Avoid making friends with strangers until you step out of the Airport.
4. Do not assist any passenger in carrying anything while you’re in the immigration control area, it could be risky.
5. Be conversant with the address of the person or accommodation you intend to stay.
6. Be confident in your approach to the immigration control officer, his/her job is to check and stamp travel documents.
TAKING A TRANSPORT OUT OF THE AIRPORT
After the conclusion of Immigration and Customs clearances and you step out of the arrival hall you can take a free shuttle bus from the International terminal to the Domestic terminal. It’s about five kilometres apart. The bus leaves even 20 to 30 minutes.
If your destination is Delhi it’s advisable you take a train. Ask for Railway Station. There is a direct train from Mumbai Central to New Delhi that operates daily. The service is available twice daily. Be ready to spend about 15 hours 35 minutes to reach New Delhi.
The second option available is to travel by Bus from Mumbai to New Delhi. A bus takes a long time but it’s the cheapest way to reach New Delhi.
ACCOMMODATION IN INDIA
Due to the fact that India is a diverse country accommodation price varies the hotel rates are usually on the high side, however, for those who are less well-off or on budgets, there are many accommodations especially hostels that are inexpensive. The rock bottom options are usually in a dormitory of a hostel or lodge.
Remember if you’re going for hostels instead of hotels, you must do away with your privacy but the advantages are that you will have the opportunity of meeting and making friends with fellow foreign travellers with ease.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN INDIA?
If your mission to India is tourism you will have plenty of interesting places to go, however, if you’re looking for a job, India may not be the right place for you because you’re in the second-most populous country in the World. Unemployment is relatively high.
It’s advisable that you should research the appropriate legal business you can undertake here. There are plenty of business undertakings you can venture into in India. All you need is market feasibility research and the right connections.
Furthermore, starting a low-cost business can take two to three months to accomplish in some cases.
There’s some business a non-resident business person can do without waiting for a government approver in India.
THE RIGHT WAY TO START A BUSINESS IN INDIA
1. Do the market feasibility research
2. Having the fund
3. Get the right lawyer, lawyers know the terrain and the connections, local lawyers are the best way to get started.
4. Face the fact that you cannot do it alone, therefore you need to employ a local person that understands how things work.
5. Get a professional employment agency based in the locality to recruit employees or assistants for you (if the need arises)
6. If you’re renting an office or shop be sure you contact the right owner with legal papers to the property.
7. Starting a business in a new environment requires patience to succeed, therefore be patient and be steadfast in all your dealings without losing focus.
Finally, ensure that your Passport is valid with at least six months validity
India’s climate can be regarded as hot tropical weather, however, the Northern States of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, likewise Sikkim in the Northeast have a different climate. They have cooler European climates.
In summary, Indian weather can be classified into three seasons
1. Winter. 2. Summer. 3. Monsoon.
The South is generally a tropical climate, the centre is hot and dry while the north is cooler continental weather.
THE CURRENCY OF INDIA
The currency of India is called The Indian Rupee. Currently, one USD equals 71.49 INR.
One Nigeria Naira equals 0.20 Indian Rupee
That’s all for now on Travel to India from Nigeria step by step guide.
- EAST AFRICAN PASSPORT- ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 20 MOST POWERFUL PASSPORTS IN AFRICA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR INDIA VISA IN NIGERIA
- TRAVEL TO MOROCCO FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- TRAVEL TO FIJI ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE