That Japan is hosting the next Olympic painfully shifted to the summer of 2021 due to coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world is no more news, what is important to foreigners especially a country such as Nigeria coming for this special sporting spectacular is how to get there, because they need a visa to travel to the Asian reference point. That’s why we are analyzing “How to apply for Japan visa in Nigeria” in order not to be left out.
UPDATE ABOUT TRAVELLING TO JAPAN FOR THE OLYMPICS GAME
This is to inform anyone interested in travelling to Japan for the 2021 Olympics game starting in Japan before the end of July 2021, that the organizing committee and the Japanese government has announced that no foreign visitors will be allowed to attend the games. Broadly speaking no spectator is permitted to watch the game, due to the third wave of coronavirus pandemic ravaging Japan currently.
All visiting to Japan should be on hold until there is a clear signal from the Japanese government that things are back to normal in the country. That’s my candid advice to anyone interested in travelling to Japan currently.
How To Apply For Japan Visa In Nigeria
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPAN VISA IN NIGERIA
- 1. The first step in applying for a Japan visa in Nigeria is to download the Visa Application Form to enter Japan through PDF form no. 00124528.
- 2. Carefully go through the form and be sure you understand the details before completing it.
- 3. Carefully fill in your details and date and sign your signature at the end.
- 4. When completing the form it is a must to select the type of visit you want to obtain from the following categories:
- Short-term Business affairs.
- Visiting relatives: such as a spouse, blood relatives or members of your family.
- Visiting friends or acquaintances.
- Work or long-term stay (spouse, working, studies etc).
- 5. After the completion of the visa application form, attach the following documents:
- Your International passport with at least six months validity and unused visa pages.
- Two recently acquired passport-sized photographs.
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Letter of guarantee (that you are entitled to re-entry into your country of origin)
- Letter of invitation (if you are travelling on tourism, you may not need to present the letter of invitation)
- Your itinerary in Japan.
- Your hotel reservation or booking with the name and address and number of days to spend.
- Your flight booking indicating the airline and departure and arrival dates in Japan.
- Your basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Japan.
- Bank account statement for the last six months duly signed by the Bank.
- For a business traveller, a letter of invitation, a copy of your certificate of incorporation and your business partner in Japan certificate of incorporation, tax clearance certificate, proof of previous business dealings with the company in Japan and end other documents that may be required by the embassy.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPAN VISA IN NIGERIA
When all the required documents are ready, you should submit them personally at the embassy of Japan.
PAYMENT OF VISA FEES
- A Nigerian applicant is required to pay #6,400 visa fees.
- Please bring cash only and the exact amount because of no change at the pay point.
- If a visa is denied, no fee will be charged.
Please note the following points:
- No appointment is required to submit your completed visa application form.
- Applicants are advised to submit their visa application 2 working weeks before their scheduled travel.
- Be sure that all documents submitted are genuine, completed and up to date.
- You’re to utilize your visa within three months of issuance.
- Non-utilization within 3 months entails applying for another visa.
- Japan temporary visa allows the holders to remain in Japan for a maximum of 90 days.
VISA APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIME
- Applicants can submit their application without an appointment on
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
PASSPORT COLLECTION HOURS:
- Monday to Thursday from 3.00 p.m. to 3.45 p.m.
- Friday 12.00p.m. to 12.30 p.m.
THE BOTTOM LINE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPAN VISA IN NIGERIA
It’s important to advise any interested person preparing to travel to Japan on a short visit especially those going for the 2021 Olympic games that early preparation is key in getting your visa. Do not wait until the last minute. Apply for your visa on time to avoid disappointment. If you’re denied a visa on the first application you will have the time to make adjustments and reapply.
Secondly, ask questions about Japan. Having adequate knowledge of the country will make your arrival in Japan less stressful and you will enjoy your trip.
Concerning the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, even though the third wave is currently taking place in Japan. The Olympics game organisers and the Japanese authorities are working assiduously to ensure that things return to normal in Japan.
However, anyone travelling to Japan currently should endeavour to do all the necessary tests and equip yourself with the coronavirus clearance certificate before departure to avoid refused entry. Furthermore, it is advisable to keep a tap on the current happenings in Japan concerning the coronavirus pandemic. We hope and believe that the Olympic games will hold this year.
That’s all for now on How To Apply For Japan Visa In Nigeria.