This write-up is specially made for anyone interested in exploring the Caribbean islands and extending his or her horizon in today’s modern travel. Here we present to you travel to Dominica from Nigeria step by step guide, enjoy it.
TRAVEL TO DOMINICA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
WHERE IS DOMINICA LOCATED ON THE CARIBBEAN SEA?
You can find the commonwealth country of Dominica in the eastern Caribbean sea. It is situated between the French islands of Guadeloupe and Marie-Galante to the north and Martinique to the south. The Capital and largest city is called Roseau.
Dominica is a small country with a total population of 66,400. It runs a multi-party democracy and there is freedom of speech as enshrined in the constitution.
Travel to Dominica from Nigeria step by step guide
HOW TO GET TO DOMINICA FROM NIGERIA
The only viable option to travel to the island country of Dominica is by flight, with a possibility of two stopovers.
Various Airlines operating scheduled flights from Lagos and Abuja to Roseau, such as Air France, Lufthansa, British Airways and Air Cote D’Ivoire. Be ready to spend 23.55 minutes on air.
IS DOMINICA A VISA-FREE COUNTRY TO NIGERIANS?
Dominica visa is not required for Nigerians. It is a visa-free country that allows Nigerian citizens to stay for a duration of 180 days visa-free entry
The following are the basic requirements for Nigerians entering Dominica, presentable at the airport:
1. An international passport with at least six months validity with unused visa pages for stamping.
2. Evidence of a valid return ticket
3. Evidence of accommodation reservation in Dominica
4. Evidence of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Dominica.
5. A printed statement or itinerary of your stay in Dominica
6. Receipt of payment of USD21 levied on arrival.
7. Evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations is a reasonable addition to be presented.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO DOMINICA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR DOMINICA
1. Obtain the transit visas of all the countries where your chosen airline will stopover en route Dominica.
2. Do all the vaccination required to travel from Nigeria to avoid refused departure.
3. Never travel before the due date.
4. On your day of departure be sure you arrive early at the Airport, before the commencement of the Airline’s check inactivity.
5. If there is a queue, join immediately without engaging in any merriments or photographs with friends.
6. As soon as you checked in your luggage and obtain the boarding pass, move straight to the Airport Immigration departure counters.
7. Lateness arrival at the Immigration and the security services departure counters may result in missing your flight, due to the fact that most major Airlines usually scheduled their flight towards evening hours which automatically creates congestion at the Immigration Service and the Airport authorities security areas, if you arrive early the congestion is usually avoidable.
8. Remember if you missed your flight, rescheduling the flight will attract extra charges from the airline and the Airport authorities.
ARRIVING AT (ROSEAU) MELVILLE HALL AIRPORT
When the Aeroplane touched down at (Roseau) Melville airport please take note of the following points before reaching the Immigration arrival control area:
1. Make sure that your passport, a scanned photograph, the photocopy of the visa printout, your yellow card, the COVID-19 clearance certificate, return ticket, the contact details of the place you intend to stay and the basic travelling allowance are in your hand luggage, for easy presentation on-demand by security personnel. Putting any of these vital documents in your main luggage will not only cause delay but may lead to refused entry.
2. If you’re a first-time traveller to Dominica especially if you’re on a short visit never carry large luggage, it may send a wrong signal to the security agents that you intend to relocate permanently to Dominica and it could lead to refused entry.
3. Do not make or receive phone calls while you are waiting for immigration or security clearance, the distractions may be very costly.
4. Never make friends with a stranger before you conclude the arrival formalities.
5. Finally, do not assist or carry anything for anyone it could be dangerous.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT ARRIVAL HALL
After the immigration clearance and you might have concluded the picking of your luggage from the conveyor belt, the next step is to get a vehicle to the place you are heading to.
The city centre is about 5 km from the Airport and you have choices of transportation. The two viable ones are by minibuses or by taxi.
Expectedly, minibuses are cheaper but taxis are preferable in that they are visible all the time you don’t need to wait too long before their arrival and the price is affordable.
WHERE TO STAY IN DOMINICA
Although the Capital and port city is Roseau, however, there are other exciting cities such as the second largest city is called Portsmouth. Depending on the nature of your visit you can stay in any of the cities and transact your business because the transportation system is good.
We don’t recommend the hotel to anyone, it is better done by the professional accommodation providers. Importantly we assumed that majority of travellers have pre-arranged accommodation. However, for those young people who don’t mind privacy you should check out Youth hostel if available, they offer the cheapest prices in accommodation.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO DOMINICA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
WHAT’S YOUR MISSION TO DOMINICA
Nowadays, many visitors to the island country came to explore the options of citizenship by investment, rightly so you are free to explore the possibility of citizenship by investment.
Remember citizenship of Dominica allows you to enjoy the freedom of travelling to 133 countries and 42 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free or visa on arrival.
All you need to participate in is USD100,000, however, if you include your partner the additional amount is USD75,000. For any applicants who intend to include two children the total amount payable is USD200,000. While the legal and processing fees are USD7,500 per person.
The added incentive for any applicants coming in to stay is that Dominica is a member of the commonwealth of nations and English is the official language.
Finally, you required only 60-120 days to process and be granted citizenship.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DOMINICA
Dominica is a tropical climate and it is usually hot and humid most of the time. Just like most tropical weather, the rainy season commences from late June and extended to November, while the dry season starts from January to late April. If you don’t like the rain the best time to visit Dominica should be between February and May.
IS DOMINICA A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE FOR FOREIGNERS?
Yes, Dominica is adjudged to be one of the best place to live and relocate for anyone looking for a country to retire. The crime rates are lower than most other Caribbean countries. Violent crimes rarely occur. Tourists and other residents are free to go about their routine with peace of mind knowing that they are safe.
If you intend to relocate to Dominica a lot of good life is waiting for you, in that your income or savings are tax-free, no authority will place an arbitrary tax on you.
THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICA
There are many activities that are of great importance and interesting, some are free while you will pay to see many more important places. Some of the places you will pay to see include whale watch and Dolphin cruise in Dominica. Waterfalls, Sulphur Spa and Volcanic Black sand Beach. Champagne Reef, Bubble Beach, and Scotts Head Snorkelling Tour at Champagne Beach in Dominica. Canyoning Discovery in Dominica. etc
That’s all for now on travel to Dominica from Nigeria step by step guide.