Often we have seen air passengers either rushing to board or rushing to come down from an aeroplane collapsed and died, due to anxiety or stress which is mostly unnecessary and avoidable if the passenger did not throw caution into the wind. Please take note of these top 10 mistakes air travellers should avoid if they want to live long.
Here Are The Top 10 Mistakes Air Travellers Should Avoid If They Want To Live Long
1. AVOID LAST MINUTE RUSHING: If you want to live long always avoid last-minute rushing as much as possible. It beats imagination how some travellers rushing and struggling with their luggage to meet up with a flight that is about to depart. The first question you asked such a traveller is that, is this not a scheduled flight? Is the person just purchased the ticket like urban transport? Nowadays, all flights schedule is online. The bottom line on this is that often time it’s mostly negligent or carelessness, misplaced priority, leaving home late on the date of departure. Furthermore, spending too much time on frivolity at the airline baggage check-in area, forgetting that there are very important Immigration clearance and security checkings ahead.
Advantages of checking in early includes:
- You will avoid a long stay in a queue.
- You will have time to relax at the departure lounge.
- You have time to focus on the flight ahead.
2. EXCHANGE MONEY FROM A ROADSIDE MONEY CHANGER: Any traveller who wants to live long should desist from patronising a roadside money changer. This is not only stupid business-wise but may attract jail terms in a foreign country, for having fake currency.
A few years ago a Nigerian lady was apprehended at Rome airport for having about USD5,000 suspected to be fake, which she changed innocently in Nigeria. Initially, she was oblivious of her offence, but when confronted with facts she fainted and collapsed. Shortly she was restored to consciousness and afterwards detained.
3. CARELESS HANDLING OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: It is peculiar to Nigerians who acquired the nationality of another country to neglect their Nigeria passports. Most of them overprotected their currently acquired country’s passport while they use the former as a means of free entry and exit, not mind if it has expired. It is common to see them exchange hot arguments with Nigeria Immigration officials over the validity of damaged passports. If such traveller wants to live long it’s advisable to get their travel documents right all the time. Give equal priority to all your travel documents is the key to live long
4. TRAVELLING WITH BANNED OR LIQUID ITEMS: If a traveller wants to live long he must not carry anything classified as “banned items”. It is strange to see a traveller carrying an umbrella, or have liquid while passing through the security zone. “If you want to know stupid things travellers carrying along as hand luggage, pay a visit to the airport security checking area” you will be amazed.
5. EXCHANGE HOT ARGUMENTS WITH CREW MEMBERS: The easiest way a traveller can miss a flight is to ignorantly or deliberately exchange hot arguments with a crew member. What you considered to be an expression of feelings or outburst due to delayed flight may be misconstrued or be tagged as violent or be regarded as a dangerous passenger and unknowingly be used against the person. The missing flight this way brings instant confusion and disorientation, the surest route to high blood pressure.
Recently, a Nigerian studying in the UK was brought down from a London bound plane, believed violent because of the loud way he compliant over four hours of unexplainable delayed. He was to write an accountancy examination the next day. Even though he was right, his arguments were reasonable and correct, but a narrow-minded or racist Pilot didn’t see it that way. The Pilot refused vehemently to allow the guy on board. The Pilot claiming right, he made the guy to missed the flight.
6. MAKING CALLS IN A RESTRICTED AREA: If you want to live long stop making calls in the immigration control areas, reckless conversations could lead to refused departure or entry into another country. Recently a Nigeria man who claimed to be a security officer who travelled from Nigeria to the US was recalled after he successfully passed through the Auto gate, his offence, he was making a certain call to someone, shortly a US security appeared and demanded the guy’s telephone and returned him to Nigeria.
7. EATING AND DRINKING ABNORMALLY: If you want to live long avoid consumption of too much food or get drunk before or inside an aeroplane. Grubbing anything on sight could lead to health complications while getting drunk is not only dangerous to your health but could lead to loss of vital travel documents or money.
8. PANICKING UNNECESSARILY INSIDE THE PLANE: A traveller who wants to live long should avoid unnecessary panicking when the flight is on air. Whenever the plane makes an unusual sound some passengers are fond of jumping up and down and start calling their gods. Staying focus and relaxing is key when you don’t understand what’s going on. Remember that statistically, travelling by air remains the safest of all systems of transport.
9. RUSHING TO CHECKOUT AT THE ARRIVAL HALL: Always remember that if you rushed or used unconventional means to leave the immigration control area, you will still need about 45 minutes to wait for your luggage to arrive, no shortcuts. Why not stop complaining of the usual slow movement in getting Immigration clearance, relax and allow the crowd to dissolved before stepping out. Your civil behaviour may disallow you to avoid hot arguments and struggle that could lead to high blood pressure.
10. DO NOT WALK ALONE: When you’re inside your preferred country or destination always remember that it is very dangerous to walk alone or walking on a lonely road. Recently, a British tourist, holidaying on a small Greek Island, while walking alone on a lonely farm road, was attacked by strayed dogs. He died before bits of help arrived.
While waiting for a vehicle to take you out of the airport avoid texting or video calls on your phone, it may be dangerous.
Finally, always avoid using unregistered means of transport, or taking a lift.
There you have it on The Top 10 Mistakes Air Traveller Should Avoid If He Wants To Live Long.
Tags: Top 10 mistakes air travellers should avoid if they want to live long.