Nigeria Customs Service Salary Structure 2022
Here we analyse in detail the current Nigeria Customs Service Salary structure 2022 for your information. The purpose of this write-up is to serve as a motivational factor for those men and women in the service, Likewise to let those young people interested in enlisting in the Customs service understand that besides the job allowances working in the Customs Service is not extraordinary but the same as working in any other paramilitary organisation in Nigeria. Get from the onset that It is a risky job.
THIS IS NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE SALARY STRUCTURE (RANK AND SALARY)
1. Customs Assistant (CA) starting from #298,506 to #330,321 (level 3 – 5)
2. Assistant Inspector of Customs (AIC) starting from #357,358 to #411,484 (level 6)
3. Inspector of Customs (IC) starting from #483,014 to #567,065 (level 7)
4. Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASCII) starting from #888,956 to 988,991 (level 8)
5. Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASCI) starting from #1,012,562 to #1,143,539 (level 9)
6. Deputy Superintendent of Customs (DSC) starting from #1,094,027 to 1,252,038 (level 10)
7. Chief Superintendent of Customs (CSC) starting from #1,158,172 to #1,325,234 (level 12)
8. Assistant Comptroller of Customs starting from #1,225584 to #1,405,449 (level 13)
9. Deputy Comptroller of Customs starting from #1,619,447 to #1,825,589 (level 14)
10. Comptroller of Customs starting from #1,759,829 to #1,966,281 (level 15)
11. Assistant Comptroller General of Customs starting from #2,272,288 (level 16)
12. Deputy Comptroller General of Customs – Consolidated
13. Comptroller General of Customs – Consolidated
STILL, ON NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE SALARY STRUCTURE
Please note that the Salary details we presented here are devoid of allowances which are at the discretion of the Comptroller General of Customs.
The following allowances are available and all officers and men are entitled depending on the nature of duties an officer is performing at a particular time.
Hazards allowance, Utility allowance Meal subsidy and Transport allowances, Detective and General Services allowances, Torchlight and Uniform maintenance allowances, House maintenance and Furniture allowances, Plainclothes and Hardiness allowances. Personal servant allowance for most senior officers.
Please note that payment of allowances depends on the task or duty assigned to an officer, hence not all Officers enjoy many of the above-mentioned allowances.
STILL, ON THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE SALARY STRUCTURE
The determination of the Salary structure received months by men and Officers of the Nigerian Customs is based on the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure, (COMPASS)
The rank structure is divided into two categories. We have the inspectorate Cadre starting from level 3 to 7. And Officers Cadre starting from level 8 and above.
Anyone who enters the Nigeria Customs with a certificate lower than a University Degree such as a secondary school certificate or an ordinary diploma such a person may be a field officer until retirement. Such a person is placed on Inspectorate Cadre.
Importantly, there are some functions or duties that are strictly performed by certain professionals.They don’t require a university degree, such as drivers, technicians or cleaners are special duties that don’t require a University degree. These are the inspectorate Cadre.
On the other hand, anyone that enlists in the Service on-demand with a University degree is placed on Officer’s Cadre, which is level 8 and above.
Please note before you rush to join the Nigerian Customs Service that it is a risky job that involves working in dangerous terrain all over the Federation. You must be a healthy person ready to confront smugglers often time and stay far away from your comfort zone. Be ready to carry out orders from the above without the opportunity of asking questions.
THE BOTTOM LINE ON THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE SALARY STRUCTURE
That’s is our submission on the Nigeria Customs service Salary structure. As soon as a new salary is announced by the federal government we shall keep you posted.
- How To Join The Nigeria Customs Service
- The Nigerian Police Force Salary Structure
- Nigerian Civil Defence Salary Structure