Here we present to you the 8 best countries with citizenship by investment. There are a lot of countries offering citizenship by investment nowadays, however not every country in the market could be regarded as investor’s friendly. If you scrutinised or examined them properly you will discover the best countries with citizenship by investment as you advanced your scrutinization.
There are many factors you can consider to arrive at your judgement on the best countries with citizenship by investment. A country many offered citizenship that appears cheap but conditions attached to it may be unattractive, for example, if your program is cheap monetary-wise but you place restrictions on dual citizenship, very few investors will go for it in that a second passport is a perk that entices or encourages investors to invest in a foreign country.
It is not only stupid to disallow dual citizenship but it is against the principle of offering citizenship by investment in the real sense. Having studied the citizenship by investment programs of various countries extensively, we easily discovered that the main appealing point that the majority of them put on the table to attract foreign investors is that their passports have the capability of travelling to many countries worldwide. Therefore if you exclude dual citizenship you have successfully removed the biggest selling attracting point.
Likewise, if you restricted some countries or you discriminate against some countries you should expect fewer responses in that some investors abhor countries that practices exclusiveness which may be negative in the long run.
HERE ARE THE 8 BEST COUNTRIES WITH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. MALTA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Malta Citizenship by investment may seem to be on the high side but the point is not the cheapest option but the best citizenship by investment available. Currently, the Maltese program surpasses many of its counterparts in many desirable areas.
1. Malta Citizenship program is quite different from the most program around in that interested applicants must reside in Malta for a minimum of 12 months. And 36 months as a second alternative.
2. The program is code-named “THE Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment.
The requirements or eligibility for the Malta Citizenship by investment
1. The main applicant must be an adult of over 18 years of age
2. Have a residency status of a minimum of 12 months a have the capability of buying or investment of EUR750,000.
3. Alternatively, have a resident status of 36 months and be able to invest a minimum amount of EUR 600,000.
4. Alternatively, Purchase a commercial property in Malta valued at the time of purchase EUR700,000, you should be able to hold it for 5 years, or you lease a residential property that has at least a value of EUR16,000 per year. The condition attached to these properties is that they can not be sold or sublet until after 5 years.
5. There is a cap to the number of successful applications to be granted per annum. The granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services Regulations is limited to a total number of four hundred (400) successful candidates per annum. And it will be capped at 1,500 candidates who have been granted citizenship.
ADVANTAGES OF MALTA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. Maltese Citizenship by investment presents you with a program that allows a successful candidate the freedom of visa-free entry into all the sought after countries in the world. Hence Besides the visa-free entry to all the European Union Schengen zone, a Maltese passport enables you visa-free to the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland Norway etc. No country can be better than Malta currently when it comes to the acquisition of a powerful passport.
2. The Malta Passport is one of the most powerful passports in the world which translates to the fact that the holder is having the freedom to travel to 186 countries and 56 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
3. The strategic location of the island country and added to the fact that it is at the centre of the Mediterranean Sea with beautiful weather year-round make the program sought after by most investors.
4. The Malta new program offers a secure European Union relocation route with a fast and straightforward citizenship acquisition.
5. You and your family are in a country with a high standard of living with the right to properties and all rights enjoyed by the citizens.
2. PORTUGAL CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT.
Portugal a Southern Western European country operates a well-accepted golden visa residence program which will eventually lead to citizenship in the near future that’s why we find it important to be part of our best countries with citizenship by investment program.
The objective of the Portugal program is that when an applicant applied and successfully made an investment, the person and inclusive dependents are granted 5 years residence permits which automatically entitled them to reside in Portugal legally.
Interested applicants for the Portuguese program are allowed 8 investment routes all leading to citizenship in the long run.
The most popular of 8 routes is the option that enables an applicant to purchase real estate in Portugal and does not compel a Successful applicant to reside in Portugal permanently.
All you need to do is to purchase a residential property or commercial of EUR 350,000 built more than 30 years ago or they are situated in restoration places.
Alternatively, Purchase a recently built residential or commercial property of EUR500,000 in the country
Currently, the designated restoration properties are reduced to EUR280,000 real Estate and EUR400,000 real estate especially when the property is situated in a rural or thinly populated area of Portugal.
The enticing thing about this option is that your investment can be recovered if you are interested in disposing of the property after 5 years.
ADVANTAGES OF PORTUGAL PROGRAM
1. A Successful candidate has the right to enter Portugal at any time without restrictions and stay in the country indefinitely.
2. The residence permit will lead to citizenship eventually.
3. You have the freedom of travelling to all Schengen zone visa-free entry and stay for a maximum of 90 days
4. You have the choice of dual citizenship and may not reside in Portugal permanently.
5. A Successful candidate can live in any EU country for life.
6. The holder has the freedom of travelling to 180 countries and 45 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival, including the UK, Canada, Australia and the United States.
1. There is no discrimination in participation anyone can apply as long as you are:
1. An adult of over 18 years of age
2. You have a legally proven source of funds
3. You can include children under 18, your Spouse, your parents and Spouse parents aged over 65 years.
STILL ON THE 8 BEST COUNTRIES WITH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Moldova a tiny country located in the northeastern Balkan area of Europe operates vibrant citizenship by investment program that is adjudged by popular opinion as one of the best citizenship by the investment we have in operation.
The Moldovan citizenship by investment was introduced less than 4 years ago which was targeted at foreign investors to contribute to the Moldovan economy development in exchange for its citizenship by investing in the country
What makes the Moldovan program unique is that despite its nice location the program is practically affordable and much easier to handle.
All an interested applicant needs to do is to choose one of the two available options:
1. Contribute EUR100,000 and pay the stipulated government charges to the Public Investment Fund (PIF)
2. Make investment EUR250,000 in approved real estate.
The beauty of Moldovan citizenship by investment is that it is non-discriminatory in that there are no restrictions on where you come from to own a property in Moldova. However, foreigners are not allowed to buy agricultural lands.
2. Furthermore, a Successful applicant is to keep the previous passport hence dual citizenship is permitted.
3. You have the freedom of travelling to 123 countries and 35 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
Montenegro, a Southern European country located on the Balkan Peninsular offers exciting and relatively affordable citizenship by investment program that makes it one of the best countries with citizenship by investment program that is worth consideration.
Interestingly Montenegro is on its way to being a member of the European Union. A country currently uses EURO as its official or national currency. It is good to know that Montenegro citizenship by investment is one of the newest in operation anywhere, in that it came to be in 2019 purposes to attract foreign direct investment into the country.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MONTENEGRO CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
1. The applicant must be an adult over 18 years of age.
2. The applicant has choices of contributing in any of these ways:
(A) Make a contribution of EUR450,000 to development projects in the nation’s capital or the coastal areas.
(B) Make a donation of EUR100,000 and investment of EUR250,000 to development projects in Northern or central Montenegro only.
ADVANTAGES OF MONTENEGRO CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The program qualifies the person full citizenship along with the dependents when granted.
2. You have the freedom of travelling to 125 countries and 36 partially recognized countries/ territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
STILL ON THE 8 BEST COUNTRIES WITH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
5. NORTH MACEDONIA
North Macedonia a Southeastern European country that shares borders with Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, Kosovo and Albania is another newest citizenship by investment program currently operating in Europe that is not too expensive to undertake.
The North Macedonia citizenship by investment programme is designed to encourage investors to be part of the development of this recently independent country. A country that is strategically important to Eastern and Western European countries.
The citizenship by investment program allows interested applicants and their dependents to acquire citizenship of North Macedonia within 5 months. Unarguably one of the fastest in Europe currently.
1. The applicant must be an adult over 18 years of age.
2. An Applicant should be able to Contribution or make a government donation of EUR200,000 and be ready to pay the following associated fees: Application, Due diligence fees and processing fees
3. Any applicant who intends to include dependants must pay additional charges per person.
4. The principal amount can be contributed within two years to a government-approved private investment fund.
5. Evidence or presentation of a police clearance certificate.
6. Provide a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
7. Evidence of financial capability.
ADVANTAGES OF A NORTH MACEDONIA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. Automatic citizenship of a well-organised upper-middle-income country.
2. Any successful candidate will have the freedom of travelling to 125 countries and 30 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
3. Citizenship of a country soon to be a full member of the European Union.
4. Citizenship of a country that allows dual citizenship.
5. No language requirements or minimum residency by annual.
6. Finally, all it takes to get approval is 5 months making it one of the fastest in Europe.
Turkey, a country located at the intersection of Asia, Europe and the Middle East can stand tall as a transcontinental country with one of the most attractive citizenship by investment programs in Europe currently.
THE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS
The Turkish citizenship by investment program which was formerly put at USD1,000,000 is astonishingly set currently at USD 250,000 including processing fees.
1. All you need is to buy a real estate investment for a minimum amount of USD250,000. Please note that the real estate investment may not be a single property. You have free to buy an apartment, a house or an industrial outlet. The only condition attached is that the proceeding should not be more than 2 months in a sundry transaction.
2. Pay a deposit of USD500,000 in a government-approved Bank in a fixed deposit.
3. Invest a minimum of USD500,000 in a fixed capital contribution. Such as government bonds or shares of investment funds specialising in real estate
4. Buy government bonds USD500,000 with an obligation to hold the assets for 3 years.
5. Set up a business with at least USD500,000, Alternatively create a job with the capacity to employ 50 employees.
ADVANTAGES OF TURKEY CITIZENSHIP
1. citizenship enables the holder opportunity to live in a country with a high standard of living.
2. You’re living in a country where the weather climate is generally better with a mild Mediterranean climate.
3. Open to a Country that gives you access to Eurasian, Western Asia, Continental Europe and the Middle East.
4. Eligibility for a United States E-2 Investor visa.
5. You have the freedom of travelling to 113 countries and 21 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
7. SAINT LUCIA
Saint Lucia a country located in the Eastern Caribbean sea present everyone with a citizenship by investment program that is the most affordable citizenship program which is non-discriminatory in the market currently.
The Saint Lucia program came into operation in 2015, which make it one of the most recent citizenship by investment program around.
Citizenship by investment requires an applicant to make an economic contribution of USD100,000 minimum.
The program offers an applicant four options:
1. Contribution to the government fund
2. Purchasing real Estate
3. Buying government bonds
4. Investing in a business
Anyone who invests in bonds or real Estate should expect a return within 5-7 years after receiving approval for citizenship.
Anyone participating in the program along with the spouse must contribute USD140,000
Anyone participating along with spouse, and two dependents the contribution increases to USD150,000
Please note that there are various charges to be paid depending on the option you selected.
ADVANTAGES OF SAINT LUCIA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
1. The program allows a successful applicant to keep the passport of the country where the person is coming from hence dual citizenship is allowed.
2. The person has the freedom of travelling to Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the Schengen zone.
3. You may decide not to reside in the country.
4. You will be given a passport that will allow you the freedom of travelling 136 countries and 46 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
8. SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
Saint Kitts and Nevis a two-island country located on the Eastern Caribbean sea is proudly presenting the oldest citizenship by investment in recent years. Despite being the oldest the program is still very vibrant and effective benefiting those interested in investing in the West Indies area.
Saint Kitts and Nevis program granted citizenship and passport to interested applicants who can pass the due diligence process.
Investment applicants are required to donate or invest in real estate. The applicant is expected to donate a minimum of USD150,000 to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) or make an investment of USD400,000 in real estate.
The second option can be reduced to USD200,000 for a selected few as determined by the government.
Equally, the Sustainable Growth Fund used to be USD195,000 and been reduced to USD150,000 for families of four as of March 2021.
The main applicant is expected to pay due diligence charges as follows:
The main applicant is USD7,500 and USD4,000 for each dependent who is above 16 years of age.
It takes only 6 months to complete the process and get citizenship.
ADVANTAGES OF SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. The program allows dual citizenship.
2. You don’t stress yourself by visiting the country to complete the process equally you do not need to be a resident.
3. Citizenship is not revocable hence it is lifetime citizenship.
4. You have the freedom of travelling 137 countries and 48 partially recognized countries/territories visa-free entry or visa on arrival
That’s all for now on the 8 best countries with citizenship by investment.