This is how to apply for Portugal Visa in Nigeria. Going to Portugal the former colonial power to many countries of the world requires obtaining a visa to enter because Portugal is a member of the European Union operating the Schengen arrangement, which made it mandatory for the majority of African countries to obtain a visa to enter Europe.
Perhaps you intend travelling for business, visiting, transiting, tourism, conference, further studies or family reunion and relocation you need to follow facts36.com on this topic.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PORTUGAL VISA IN NIGERIA
These are the type of visas you can obtain at the Embassy of Portugal in Nigeria.
- Transit visa
- Visiting visa
- Tourist visa
- Business visa.
- Medical visa
- Conference visa
- Family reunion visa
- Student visa
- Employment visa
How To Apply For Portugal Visa In Nigeria
Regardless of the category of visa, you’re applying for, the first thing to do is:
- Download the visa application form online, by visiting VFSGLOBAL: email@example.com
- Carefully fill in your details online and print out the hard copy
- State clearly your reasons for travelling to Portugal.
Attach the following documents:
- Two recently acquired passport sized photographs with white backgrounds.
- Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Portugal.
- Health travel insurance with minimum coverage of €30,000 covering the whole of Schengen area, must be obtained from a reputable insurance company in Nigeria.
- Evidence of flight booking indicating the airline and departure and arrival dates in Portugal.
- Evidence of hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in Portugal
- Your bank account statement for the last 3 months is duly signed by the Bank.
- If you’re invited by a friend or relation, an original introduction letter from the person inviting you to Portugal, he is expected to send to you a photocopy of his identity card/residence card or the data page of his international passport.
- 10. An underage person who is travelling alone or accompanied by relation, the guardian must produce the following documents:
- 1. Letter of consent from both parents
- 2. Parents identity cards or the data pages of their passports.
- 3. The child’s birth certificate, original and photocopy.
- 4. The guardian must accompany the underage person to the biometric booth and at the period of biometric capturing.
- 11. Additional requirements for an applicant travelling for business purposes.
- 1. Letter of introduction from your business partner or the company inviting you.
- 2. The Company’s certificate of incorporation
- 3. The company’s Bank statement for the last 6 months
- 4. Your tax clearance certificate
- 5. If you’re have been having business dealings with the company in the past, original proof must be submitted.
- 6. If your partner is providing accommodation the company must provide concrete evidence.
- 12. Applicant travelling for medical purpose
- 1. A detailed medical report from a hospital in Nigeria
- 2. An attestation medical letter from the hospital you’re attending in Portugal, confirming the nature of your sickness, the date of your expected admission in Portugal and the duration of your stay.
- 13. An applicant travelling for conferences, seminars, Cultural events religious and sports events, should produce evidence of enrolment, dates, and venues, a letter of invitation to the conference or event and payment paid to the event organizers if applicable.
- 14. All applicants are expected to submit photocopies of all previous visas in their passports.
- 15. All the original documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR PORTUGAL VISA IN NIGERIA
After the collation of all the required documents All applicants are expected to:
- Submit the visa application form personally at the Portuguese visa application centre in your locality.
- Submit yourself for biometric formality at the visa application centre
- Pay the required visa processing fee at the designated bank at the centre.
- Allows 14 working days or more for the processing of your visa.
- Before submitting the completed form ensure it is duly signed by you.
- Finally note that you may be called to appear for a personal interview, therefore, it is important to leave a functional Email and phone number.
ADDRESS OF EMBASSY OF PORTUGAL IN NIGERIA
- Plot 3655, Orinoco Crescent,
Off River Kubani Street,
Off Nile Street,
Telephone numbers: +234 9 461 1443, +234 903 780 8670
Fax number: +234 9 460 2629l
VISA APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIME
Because you’re submitting in person, this is the time to do it
Application submission: Monday to Friday 08.00 to 03.00 p.m.
Passport Collection: Monday to Friday 10.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m.
ADDRESS OF EMBASSY OF PORTUGAL VISA APPLICATION CENTRE IN NIGERIA
- Portugal Visa Application Centre,
No 38, Lobito Crescent,
- Portugal Visa Application,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Lekki Phase 1
THE BOTTOM LINE
Portugal is one of the few countries in Europe that is blessed with very good weather. Travelling to Lisbon or most Portuguese towns and cities tourists do not need any special weather forecast to move around.
Except for the coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world currently, Portugal is a country you can travel to any time of the year. If you intend to go, ensure that you do all the necessary tests and equip yourself with the coronavirus clearance certificate to avoid refused entry.